Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt anyone is going to be as poor at knitting play up as Mirallas, tbh.

I think he can be creative from out wide. I have no real idea about him, tbh. In my minds eye I'm hoping for a Merten's type.

Fair enough. I too haven't seen enough of him.

If we do sign him, lets hope as you say he has a bit more "knitting" ability about him, than what we currently have.

Someone is having fun on Yarmolenko's wiki page: In August 2015, Yarmolenko agreed a lucrative 5-year deal to move to the Merseysiders. He was quoted as saying, "Phil Jagielka's bongo drum forehead scoring against us made me realize just what football is all about. He finally seen the light and decided to make the move to Everton, where he soon noticed that the light was a big black man called kone with silly white hair. People thought yarmolenko was spotted in lime street diving for cover behind the luggage storage. That was where he was last seen.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/everton-fighting-southampton-to-sign-napoli-defender/?

Everton Fighting Southampton To Sign Napoli Defender
Napoli‘s Kalidou Koulibaly could be on the move to England with Everton and Southampton both interested in the defender.

Koulibaly only moved to the Partenopei last summer from Belgian side Genk but has been the subject of much interest from clubs abroad this summer.

According to a report in English newspaper the Daily Star, the Toffees are preparing a €10 million bid for the Frenchman but are also considering a move for River Plate defender Ramiro Funes Mori or Ashley Williams of Swansea.

The Saints also remain interested in Koulibaly despite having a reported €12 million bid turned down.

The 24 year-old was a regular for Napoli last season making 27 starts at the heart of the Neapolitans defence and also managed to score one goal.

Reminds me a bit of Robben mate, not as good obviosuly and has a few other bits to his game Robben misses but similar
That'll do!

I just noticed the Ukrainian league schedule. He'd be used to 26 match seasons and a massive winter break. That'll be a culture shock to him if he comes over here!

Just been on a Kiev forum to begin Operation Track Yarmolenko and their fans are not one bit happy. They think we're on the same level as Stoke so he'll reject us... however, I think that's because most are begging him to stay until January then leave to help them out in the Champions League.

In fact, one of their fans goes as far to call us a "second-class club" hahahaha.

Do you think he is the type of central attacking midfielder Martinez is after though? I see him as playing a very similar role to Mirallas.
I don't think Martinez has ever said central attacking midfielder has he? He has said number 10 (which funnily enough is the shirt number Yarmalenko wears at Kiev), also remember him saying a pienaar type player which Yarmalenko is not, but he plays in that position (left wing), also recall the words creative and playmaker being used but you would have to say these both apply given his goals and assists last season. I think it is quite open to interpretation the type of player Martinez is after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back