Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see John Stones still as a player of much potential, but that's it. He plays the ball fantastically and is in with Martinez's pass it around style - however how often does he get turned out by an average player (you don't need to look far for an answer, Watford is the most recent).

To reject £30,000,000, just to prove that we are not a "selling club" would be stupid.

Would Stones walk into the Chelsea squad? I don't think so.

It would be stupid because we have no reason to sell, his value given recent transfers is about £20m on top of that and the buying club are desperate and have more money than sense....

My wish, as I'm sure EVERY one on this forum and every Evertonian elsewhere, is this: Keep hold of Stones, buy 1-2 central defenders (I'd love that guy from Napoli), Yarmolenko, a quality forward (id rather have Berahino than Austin), and maybe one other squad player, for example Huddlestone or Song.
lol lol lol

This is more than business... cave in this season and the signalls it aends out will impact us for years. ..you might as well ask them are they interested in rom , barks as well
agreed...there is a qualitative aspect to this scenario which outweighs the quantitative (NB : there is some tipping point...but its >50mio)

I agree. But will Stones make us into a Champions League squad on his current ability? This is the same defender who started most games last year, when we shipped goal after goal.

Chelsea think he's a top defender, but they want him on the bench.
That may have been their initial plan but having seem both Terry and Ivanovic in preseason/initial games most Chelsea fans are beginning to think he'll get more gametime.

Back to general transfer stuff - anyone see Mori play today?

The bit regarding memories is so true. Not interested in money in the bank. I want to see the best on the pitch and trophies in the cabinet.

Entertain this daft hypothetical situation for a moment... If you could offer a millenial Chelsea bandwagoner a 'back to the future' type scenario...

Basically: a) Re-write history so that Chelsea for some reason sell Drogba for £40M (for examples sake, before said fan was born) and the outcome is that other not very memorable players are bought, and Chelsea win one more trophy than they have in real life (again, all pre-dating the birth of the brat in question)... but Drogba is sold to Barca or someone and is a legend there
OR
b) Don't change history - at the cost of this imaginary trophy that never happened in this real version of history.

...what would they pick? I love the fact we have such a rich and glorious history as a club, but I think I might've been in a nappy when Rideout scored. My best memories of going the game are Fiorentina/Man U '09 S.F./Gosling winner against the RS.

I want some success to be in my living memory and it's the characters that colour those experiences more than anything, surely? Not just another stat for bragging rights?

Imagine if Stones could be a 'Ratty' (I got told off for bad-mouthing him in another thread ha) or something.

SO we might be daft to turn down X-amount of money that could be utilised to rebuild the team - but we've seen how recent examples of that pan out and I place a lot of importance on how boss Stones is as a character/blue rather than just a defender.

( I Probably should go in the ale thread soon.)

No, they win trophies.

VDWcU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back