Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

We didn't sign McCarthy till we sold Fellaini and the board claimed even then that one wasn't dependent on the other. Complete lie of course, it went right down to the wire.

We've spent a whopping £5m so far, and don't seriously look like spending more. All this 'considering bid' nonsense suggests we won't. If Stones does go, which I don't think he will, then we'll see money spent but overall negative net spend. Otherwise it'll be 'not bringing in players for the sake of it' line.

Fazio leaving Spurs with WBA the likely destination for £5m.

I wouldn't mind him here. 28 year old Argentinian international, played 150 games for Sevilla and joined Spurs for £8m. Tottenham fans I know rate him. Would fit the profile of the player we need to rotate with Jags/Stones.

In fact having just read a fans forum Spurs fans seem to really rate him, particularly in his aerial ability.

And we allegedly tried to sign him from Sevilla before he joined Spurs with Martinez very keen according to reports (cough Tribal football)

When it happens consider me the new ITK.

Last edited:
We didn't sign McCarthy till we sold Fellaini and the board claimed even then that one wasn't dependent on the other. Complete lie of course, it went right down to the wire.

We've spent a whopping £5m so far, and don't seriously look like spending more. All this 'considering bid' nonsense suggests we won't. If Stones does go, which I don't think he will, then we'll see money spent but overall negative net spend. Otherwise it'll be 'not bringing in players for the sake of it' line.

Disagree. Fairly sure we'll spend another £15m net personally. I don't think it'll be three players, but I'm expecting two - a centre half and a playmaker of sorts.

What I keep saying. Stones is already better and has time/potential to improve ffs. Add on the premium for being English and I would suggest Chelsea can't actually afford him.
Agree, and that's why I think he should stay one more year. At the end of this season Real/Barcelona and PSG will be knocking on our door, with some serious cash.
Also playing for the first 2 would be a great move for the lad, and something we would all agree over

nah was fer wasnt it?

This was his last message, he moved on in the January transfer window sadly.

upload_2015-8-18_10-56-21.webp

Fazio leaving Spurs with WBA the likely destination for £5m.

I wouldn't mind him here. 28 year old Argentinian international, played 150 games for Sevilla and joined Spurs for £8m. Tottenham fans I know rate him. Would fit the profile of the player we need to rotate with Jags/Stones.

In fact having just read a fans forum Spurs fans seem to really rate him, particularly in his aerial ability.

And we allegedly tried to sign him from Sevilla before he joined Spurs with Martinez very keen according to reports (cough Tribal football)

When it happens consider me the new ITK.

No pace and very clumsy. Weird signing by West Brom. (IMO of course).

The Mirallas scoop from DAVIDMOYES is a good lesson for people getting all pissy about rumours here too.

He came on and said it was done. The papers went with it and said he was tossing up between us and Arsenal, we were weighing up a bid, he would probably choose Arsenal and all that. People fumed, but DM just calmly said it was done. And it was. Moral of the story? Pipe down and wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back