Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on lads. Sorted it.
image.webp

we will take a hit on wages this year mate, but most teams in transition from one manager to another with a ageing squad have no option but to take that hit, this season and next summer is a massive job for Martinez just in going from the old guard to the new whilst trying to maintain the same spirit in the changing room
Agreed. I think - given his torrid time of late - he's been brave getting a big redevelopment plan underway. He's got a plan to reinvigorate the squad and I hope he gets the results this season to be here and see it through. It's clear he's determined to reduce the age of the squad. He'll be itching to get the likes of Dowell involved soon too.

A lot of this was avoidable though: Osman and Hibbert given extensions; signing a relatively older player like Kone in the first place. I'd also have swerved Barry, tbh. Good player but a manager less concerned about a security blanket in cm would have looked at McCarthy and Barkley, just added Besic and left Barry to get off to the States.

Agreed. I think - given his torrid time of late - he's been brave getting a big redevelopment plan underway. He's got a plan to reinvigorate the squad and I hope he gets the results this season to be here and see it through. It's clear he's determined to reduce the age of the squad. He'll be itching to get the likes of Dowell involved soon too.

A lot of this was avoidable though: Osman and Hibbert given extensions; signing a relatively older player like Kone in the first place. I'd also have swerved Barry, tbh. Good player but a manager less concerned about a security blanket in cm would have looked at McCarthy and Barkley, just added Besic and left Barry to get off to the States.

Last season, this season & I suspect next season are what I'd call "transitional" years. I fully expect at the start of next season towards maybe the end our oldest players in the team might be the likes of Kev, Coleman etc.

Last season, this season & I suspect next season are what I'd call "transitional" years. I fully expect at the start of next season towards maybe the end our oldest players in the team might be the likes of Kev, Coleman etc.

Probably still have Jagleika and Baines their but the rest will be gone IMO

If we bought Yarmolenko we would have a very versatile set of wingers. All of them can play on either wing and Kevin, Yarmo and Del (maybe not McGeady) could play down the centre if needed.

Aye Barry was one that you can understand whilst not agreeing with, IF he'd played last season the same a sthe first we'd have hailed it as a great bit of business, he just hit the wall age wise and his legs have partly gone.

Hope he gets to see the project through as i do think he has a strong sense of what he wants here, IF he has the time and money though remains to be seen - next 8 games will pretty much tell us one way or the other though

If we bought Yarmolenko we would have a very versatile set of wingers. All of them can play on either wing and Kevin, Yarmo and Del (maybe not McGeady) could play down the centre if needed.

Yarmolenko could play up front as well mate, he's got the size and think he did play their earlier in his career when he was dubbed the new shevchenko sic

Yarmolenko could play up front as well mate, he's got the size and think he did play their earlier in his career when he was dubbed the new shevchenko sic

Yep he has played upfront before, and even though we all would like to sign a striker, if we do just sign Yarm (and Mori) , then we would have him and kev that could play as strikers in a 4-4-2, and would be enough without european football to contend with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back