Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to fax.

I'd play Yarm right wing or centre. Be a waste on the left IMO.

Off-topic but strange how Draxler is costing the same as Yarm (20m euros).

Especially since his favorite move is shifting the ball from right to left to get a shot off.

Are we one the verge of a flight tracker meltdown of epic proportions?

The excitement is reaching fever pitch in Air Traffic Control.
DeDZUEP.gif

I have no idea how he'd fit into the team (or rather how we fit him, Kev, Ross etc all into the team) but at this point I'm so starved of quality signings that I'm desperate for us to sign him.

He's clearly quality, and ultimately, I like it when Everton sign quality players. It doesn't happen as often as it should!

Same mate... but then I entertain the vision of Mirallas, Barkley, Rom, Yarmolenko running and switching over and rampaging and it just doesn't make sense but it doesn't have to when they're so beautiful.

If he did join I think he'd take Kone's place on that right flank when we play that formation. Hopefully if we play our usual 4231 Cleverley could replace Barry and we'd have Yarm on the LW. Would be a great signing if we could get him. Does make you wonder though Mirallas, Deulofeu, Mcgeady, Pienaar, Osman, Naismith, Barkley, Cleverley, Yarmolenko, Kone all seemingly competing for three spots. There must be some exits.

well not really mate, break them down in a bit more detail, Osman, Pienaar are pretty much always injured so will not be anything more than subs anyway this year.
Kone's injury record and pre season form prett ymuch means he is entirely unreliable - great 2 games but equally likely to turn turbo gash again at any point - plus one game that he played very well out wide right a bit like Lukaku against Arsenal may have just been an opponent realy suiting it and he may struggle their on any consistent basis if played. Plus he's getting on a bit in age same as Osman and Pienaar so probably last season for him here.

Barkley most can see and Martinez himself seems to as well is far better when not asked to play in the hole behind Lukaku and given more of a free role or played deeper. certainly he has shown he is poor when asked to play wide left or right.

McGeady i think everyone and his dog can see has no future at the club and is either gonna just be used if we have an injury crisis or will be shipped off if any itnerest from anyone is shown

Cleverley can play numerous positions and is the perfect 'squad player' will see a lot of games this seaosn more than likely playing all over the shop wherre he is needed due to injuries poor form etc

Naismith - pure impact sub to be thrown on last 15 to bring his workrate and an extra body in the box

Have to factor int hat both Kev and Deulefeu have both struggled with missing chunkls of game time with injuries over the past 2 years as well and theirs no sign they won't miss 8-10 games each going forward.

Same mate... but then I entertain the vision of Mirallas, Barkley, Rom, Yarmolenko running and switching over and rampaging and it just doesn't make sense but it doesn't have to when they're so beautiful.

The fantasy...

"Stones, striding out of defence, he lofts it to Yarmolenko, he cushions it, pirouettes around his man, and another, he plays a 1-2 with Barkley, then slides it to Mirallas who's free down the left and wow, what a cross... and Rom powers it in at the kop end"

The reality...

"Johnny Evans charges forwards to intercept, and he's missed it, looks like he's tweaked his hamstring too. Howard's there though and he's ready for the counter as Everton try to equalise. He kicks it long... Lennon jumps for it and it's over his head. Throw in to Bournemouth."

The fantasy...

"Stones, striding out of defence, he lofts it to Yarmolenko, he cushions it, pirouettes around his man, and another, he plays a 1-2 with Barkley, then slides it to Mirallas who's free down the left and wow, what a cross... and Rom powers it in at the kop end"

The reality...

"Johnny Evans charges forwards to intercept, and he's missed it, looks like he's tweaked his hamstring too. Howard's there though and he's ready for the counter as Everton try to equalise. He kicks it long... Lennon jumps for it and it's over his head. Throw in to Bournemouth."

You forgot the part where the ball rolls to Howard and he instinctively dives to the ground.

yarmalenko deloufeu and cleverly as summer signings will definitely improve the team and starting 11 for this season.

so if it happens this way I would give a lot of credit to martinez for his business. One bit of praise I give him is transfers and this summer might be another one of them

Would in my opinion be direct replacements for Pienaar (Yarmolenko), Osman (Cleverley) and Atsu/McGeady (Deulefeu).

Last edited:
The fantasy...

The reality...

Ha , worth a like for this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back