Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget this isn't a free for all message board so I shan't continue this here.

anyway, I hope we sign ppl

Happy with the business we have done and missing out on Ogbonna. We are probably only a CB away from being right for the upcoming season.

However if we were to get in Ospinna and let Howard go, that would be excellent business.

I do rly want ospina

esp if ospina could be a wedge to bring over some other colombian internationals

Ospina would be a cracking signing. He is better than anyone since Nige for us and could turn out even better as he has a lot of years at the top left in him.

after copa America he really was the only cafetero to come home with an enhanced reputation.

his display in the quarter finals against Argentina was on a par with Big Nevs against Wednesday in 85. Mesmerising keeping.

Take the Usd on Timmy while the dollar is high Bobby and hopefully some Colombian birds will start to be seen on the Gladys.

Ospina would be a cracking signing. He is better than anyone since Nige for us and could turn out even better as he has a lot of years at the top left in him.

after copa America he really was the only cafetero to come home with an enhanced reputation.

his display in the quarter finals against Argentina was on a par with Big Nevs against Wednesday in 85. Mesmerising keeping.

Take the Usd on Timmy while the dollar is high Bobby and hopefully some Colombian birds will start to be seen on the Gladys.
I think we can all agree on that and maaaaybe some Argie lass' as well...

For me we need the following....ambitious I know....

Ospina
Van Djke
Shaqiri
And Charlie Austin

Then we would rock....we have such a tough start we need these players in now, come on Roberto

Shaquiri is garbage why does everyone want him. Hes a swiss David Healy. Failed at every club side hes gone too
Your opinion would be lent more credence if you could spell him name correctly.

He certainly wasn't a failure at Basel, and I wouldn't consider struggling to get into the team at Bayern ahead of Muller, Robben e.t.c. a failure, when he did play for them he did relatively well. He's been injured whilst at Inter.

Clearly not 'garbage' as you put it.

Royal Blue: Everton need a marquee signing ... to hold off Palace, Newcastle, Stoke and co.
Premier League challengers are closing on the Blues

• Premier League challengers are closing on the Blues

PA-22697952.jpg

Roberto Martinez

ARGUABLY no side has a tougher start to the new season than Everton.

In their first 10 games, the Blues face last term’s top eight sides, while the visit of newly promoted Watford and a trip to West Brom are also in that run.

Roberto Martinez has described the first two months as “very challenging” and has stressed the importance of a flawless summer schedule to ensure they hit the ground running in August.

But the first 10 games, taking Everton into late October, is only the start.

Many bemoaned the quality of the Premier League last season.

It was boring, dull and there was too little competition for the title as Chelsea wrapped up the championship with nearly three weeks to spare.

Critics of the top flight also point to English side’s failures in European competition as further proof that the Premier League is nowhere near being the greatest league in the world.

But the most lucrative?

You bet.

And with the flow of cash from record-breaking television deals set to make the Premier League even richer, mid-ranking clubs are using the cash to make some noise.

Sides that Everton would usually feel confident of being able to keep at arms length, are now a serious threat.

The warning signs were there last season when Everton’s poor campaign saw Crystal Palace, Stoke City and Swansea City all finish above them.

Now those three sides, together with a host of others including West Ham - are seizing their moment.

Palace, yesterday, signed Yohan Cabaye, Stoke are trying to lure Champions League winner Xherdan Shaqiri to the Britannia while Swansea have made Andre Ayew their highest paid player.

JS31781880.jpg

Yohan Cabaye joined PSG in January 2014

West Ham’s spending has already passed the £20m mark and looks set to continue while Newcastle are said to be ready to give Steve McLaren £60m to invest.

They mean business. And, make no mistake, they believe they can leave Everton behind.

The Blues’ transfer activity, so far, has been swift and shrewd.

The free transfer capture of Tom Cleverley looks like a really smart capture while the signing of Gerard Deulofeu on a permanent deal worth just over £4m, and so early in the summer, has the potential to prove an absolute steal.

But now feels like the time for Everton to loosen the purse strings and make a statement of their own.

They made a pretty big one last season when smashing their transfer record to sign Romelu Lukaku and a season older, wiser and better, the towering Belgian should prove further why he was worth the splurge.

JS57946069.jpg

Everton's Romelu Lukaku celebrates scoring his side's second goal of the game during the Europa League match at Goodison Park, Liverpool.

But do Everton need to offer another show of intent? Do Stoke, Swansea, Palace and the others need reminding that the Blues also mean business?

Martinez will always try and squeeze every last ounce out of the transfer market and will explore loan deals again this summer but what about being allowed to pay the going rate for players of genuine quality?

Martinez wants an experienced defender and has prioritised a playmaker so while Palace bring in Cabaye, Swansea sign Ayew and Stoke pursue Shaqiri, Everton must make marquee additions of their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back