Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bloody well hope he was one of Martinez's top targets because if he is the 5th/6th/7th option for a CB we are well and truly screwed having missed out on the others.

In all seriousness, as I said, Juve have done extremely well to get so much money for him (think Kroldrup) and if Martinez did truly want him and he was serious about paying that kind of fee for him, it's worrying.
Well, he paid up to 6m for this fella, who virtually every Everton fan said was a horrific signing and would come back to haunt him.

GRJ110813EVERTON-1.jpg

Martinez also allowed the club to waste around 3m pounds in wages on this fella too, who, again, nearly every Everton fan knew was destined for disaster:

football-wigan-antolin-alcaraz_2920312.jpg

He also allowed the club to throw further contracts at this guy, who was never going to get a game and whose injury record in recent seasons led most Everton fans to believe it was a(nother) complete waste of much-needed cash:

pics-image-12-593132877.jpg

Including wages, the club, led by Martinez's decisions and management, has wasted well over 15m on these three jokers over the past two seasons.

I certainly don't have too much trust in Martinez's judgement when it comes to transfers.

Well, he paid up to 6m for this fella, who virtually every Everton fan said was a horrific signing and would come back to haunt him.

GRJ110813EVERTON-1.jpg

Martinez also allowed the club to waste around 3m pounds in wages on this fella too, who, again, nearly every Everton fan knew was destined for disaster:

He also allowed the club to throw further contracts at this guy, who was never going to get a game and whose injury record in recent seasons led most Everton fans to believe it was a(nother) complete waste of much-needed cash:

Including wages, the club, led by Martinez's decisions and management, has wasted well over 15m on these three jokers over the past two seasons.

I certainly don't have too much trust in Martinez's judgement when it comes to transfers.

Bit harsh on Hibbo that mate, I doubt he's on much money these days, he's clearly been asked to stay on to provide cover for Seamus until one of the youngsters is ready to step up and he's an Evertonian, we need a few in the squad to make sure the new players know what Everton are about.

That Ogbonna thing has really, reaaaalllly annoyed me

Because we actually tried so sign him. I know two Juve fans and they both said that they were astonished at the rumoured £8m fee.

But what does worry me is Martinez is clearly missing out on his priority targets. We're going to have aimed for gold and not even get bronze.

same here tbh - when martinez did that presser saying ogbanna and payet were his top targets i was so happy - started doing best XI's with them in and different formations. now he's missed out on his top targets i just know we'll end up with f*cking cleverley playing behind kone with hibbert as backup centre back!

It does seem pretty clear that we were in for Ogbonna.

We didn't get him though. I'm ok with that. He's not all that apparently.

But I'd bet some people at Everton are bummed about it. If he was who they wanted they should be getting them really.

Ah well.

GRJ110813EVERTON-1.jpg

and the useless [Poor language removed] went and convinced this guy to join everton:
BtzUUmxIUAABw3v.jpg

Most people fuming about Ogbonna here probably haven't even seen him play before. You can't be that desperate for new signings that you'll accept any ol' shyte and then fume if they choose first team football (West Ham) over us.

Because we actually tried so sign him. I know two Juve fans and they both said that they were astonished at the rumoured £8m fee.

But what does worry me is Martinez is clearly missing out on his priority targets. We're going to have aimed for gold and not even get bronze.
Targets as in plural??

Cleverley ? Signed 5 year deal with Everton
Deulofeu? Signed 4 year deal with Everton

We've missed out on Ogbonna. So who else have we missed out on that were priority?

I wouldn't get so wound up about it mate. He wanted to live in London and basically said we were top class with him - don't often hear that when someone has gone elsewhere. I'd be more worried if I was a West Ham fan listening to that - he's taken 2nd best because of where they are in the country.

All that said - I'm not even sure he's that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back