Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't he like 5'11 or something? That's only like an inch off Jags and taller than Mascherano, Puyol etc. (not comparing ability whatsoever here just height). Plus he's got a good jump. You don't need to necessarily be tall to be a centre half these days if you're positioning is good.

More like 5'9 I think plus he is quite slender. No way he could go up against someone like Costa or even Pelle for 90 minutes and not get caught out.

Everton initially offered to Dynamo for Andrei Yarmolenko 15 million pounds, which corresponds to 21.2 million euros, has upped the ante once again today: one of the leaders of the people of Kiev in the Ukrainian Premier League Liverpool Club ready to lay out 17.5 million in British currency, i.e. 25 — in Europe.

British sources say Yarmolenko already got through his agent draft four-year contract with "toffee" and is busy with his study — but, as reported by "SE" in Ukraine ", at this stage the talks between Everton and Dynamo are still ongoing.

It is not excluded that additional requirement deduction will be Ukrainian Club him a percentage of the next transfer of a football player, as well as bonuses based on performance and results in the new Club Everton in the English Premier League.

We're clearly having a crack at least.

Source: http://www.ukrainefootball.net/ukraina/yarmolenko-esche-ne-prodan.html

The thing we miss at the moment is someone who can dominate both boxes. I'd consider Stones a ball playing defender and Jags kind of ball playing but we do miss someone with a real presence in there.

Pelle dominated us in the box, one almost everything.

posted it up a few weeks back mate

I know, and I read it myself last month but the thing that piqued my interest was that Futbolgrad actually recognised that we're linked with him. That page doesn't tend to get much wrong, so I'm confident now that we ARE in for him. Whether we land him is another issue entirely - and I'm none too optimistic, if I'm honest.

ya would not be able to cut it there in this league.

Pelle dominated both jags and stones, EVERY time.

players like Benteke, Pelle, Kane etc would have the time of their lives.

still love the man, but CM is the best choice

Did he eck mate. It was a great battle between the two, but I didn't see any domination.

He is 100% definitely not 5'8" and yeh I forgot Stones was absolutely tanked...

5"10 according to Wikipedia.

He might be able to plug a gap after a red card or something but he isn't the answer on a regular basis.

Stones is significantly taller and A bit broader than him

It's taking far to long someone else will sign him you can bet your bottom dollar this is just so " it looks like we're after players" ok ok Everton prove me wrong prove me wrong lol lol lol

5"10 according to Wikipedia.

He might be able to plug a gap after a red card or something but he isn't the answer on a regular basis.

Stones is significantly taller and A bit broader than him

We weren't discussing him playing there on a regular basis though? Just if we were shy a defender for a fixture. I'd argue Besic has more physical presence than Stones does - for now.

I know, and I read it myself last month but the thing that piqued my interest was that Futbolgrad actually recognised that we're linked with him. That page doesn't tend to get much wrong, so I'm confident now that we ARE in for him. Whether we land him is another issue entirely - and I'm none too optimistic, if I'm honest.

Ahh never thought about it like that, and yup Futbolgrad is one of the better more respected sources out their, issue entirely depends on what side of the bed the Kiev chairman got out of tbh mate, it literally is that type of deal with him, other deals have been done with them though so guess it's how he perceives, lets hope he regards us not as the team that finished mid table last year but the one that has been pushing to break the top 4-6 regularly and is the 4th most successful club in England.

Think Yarmolenko would jump at the chance should it be left up to him though

no doubting yarmolenko's ability but thought we were looking for someone to play through the centre off lukaku, not right wing. we have mirallas, geri and ..... mcgeady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back