Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It'll take the remainder of the window to get it over the line"

Oh dear...

Yep I read the "trying to get it done before the 2nd September ( or whenever the end is )" and it basically sounds like bull to me.

Don't mean to be pessimistic but that article sounded like a whole host of excuses ready to be rolled out if it goes tits up.

IF it says Everton are deep in negotiations in the next 24-48 hours then I will believe it as I don't think for a second that it's going to take 13 days for Everton to agree a fee, agree wages and get him over here.

Yep I read the "trying to get it done before the 2nd September ( or whenever the end is )" and it basically sounds like bull to me.

Don't mean to be pessimistic but that article sounded like a whole host of excuses ready to be rolled out if it goes tits up.

IF it says Everton are deep in negotiations in the next 24-48 hours then I will believe it as I don't think for a second that it's going to take 13 days for Everton to agree a fee, agree wages and get him over here.
Mate this is Everton you're talking about, the masters of transfer cockups

What is the point of a release clause if the owner can shoot it down? That doesn't make sense. Are you sure it wasn't Yarms himself that shot them down?

Stoke want to complete their transfer business for the summer with a signing of the quality of Yarmolenko, but Surkis last week ruled out selling the Ukraine winger to the club.

"Ultimately, the amount of compensation is not important, but the fact that the level of the club to which he goes on a par with Yarmolenko," Surkis told Sport Express.

"A level this is undoubtedly higher than Stoke."

Yarmolenko, however, believes joining the Potters would represent a step forward in his career.

"Stoke City have made a formal proposal, but the president did not want to let me go.

"It would be interesting to play in the English Premier League, it's a step forward for me.

"Of course I want to play for a bigger club than Stoke City, but I pondered the pros and cons.

"There are some drawbacks, but it's still England where 50,000 people are in the stadiums every week, not 5,000. It would be nice to play again in two weeks against Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal.

"I had an agreement with the president that I would be released, but he did not want to do that. But I think it makes no sense to sign a new contract with Dinamo because I'm already 26.

"The president said that Stoke City is not the right level for me. Their offer is still there, but the president does not want to let go. Well, I have fulfilled my contract. I say everything as it really is."

Although it was not aired until Sunday, Yarmolenko gave the interview on Thursday before reports of an offer from Tottenham emerged

So even though Stoke met this 'release' clause the president just refused to sell - which makes me think its not a release clause at all

If the Irish Mirror is as bad at the English version, then take this however you want:

We have opened talks (knew that already), met the 20m release clause (knew that already), hoping to have the deal tied up before Sept 1st - well, we better ffs or it will be too late.

Please get this guy Everton, he's boss, you know it, we know it and so does half the other teams in the PL.

Why does it take Everton 3 weeks to sign one player when other teams take less than a few days to tie up one or even multiple deals?

I might get a bit of stick with this post, I know we have cocked up many transfers in the past but it seems we are doing everything we can to get him.
apart from being ripped off for a player in the last year of contract .Had his work permit agreed accepted wage structure now gone to meet club representatives,

dear+lord+baby+jesus.jpg

Why are we "ready" to meet the clause? Just meet it FFS!
We were considering meeting it, now we are ready. In my mind that is progress. I for one can't wait until 2019/20 when we sign him on a free from Stoke. Then we can say the we have pounced'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back