Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbf lots of other clubs have problems as well - United were quick with Depay but so slow on Pedro that they lost out to Chelsea. Chelsea themselves are usually quite fast but they took over a month to get Rahman over the line (even though they were down to only two fullbacks) and the Stones pursuit is turning into a saga. Shaqiri eventually went to Stoke but that wasn't quick.

We'll be fast on some, like Deulofeu, and slow on others.

Careful now Legs, patience and logic have no place in the transfer thread.

Stoke want to complete their transfer business for the summer with a signing of the quality of Yarmolenko, but Surkis last week ruled out selling the Ukraine winger to the club.

"Ultimately, the amount of compensation is not important, but the fact that the level of the club to which he goes on a par with Yarmolenko," Surkis told Sport Express.

"A level this is undoubtedly higher than Stoke."

Yarmolenko, however, believes joining the Potters would represent a step forward in his career.

"Stoke City have made a formal proposal, but the president did not want to let me go.

"It would be interesting to play in the English Premier League, it's a step forward for me.

"Of course I want to play for a bigger club than Stoke City, but I pondered the pros and cons.

"There are some drawbacks, but it's still England where 50,000 people are in the stadiums every week, not 5,000. It would be nice to play again in two weeks against Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal.

"I had an agreement with the president that I would be released, but he did not want to do that. But I think it makes no sense to sign a new contract with Dinamo because I'm already 26.

"The president said that Stoke City is not the right level for me. Their offer is still there, but the president does not want to let go. Well, I have fulfilled my contract. I say everything as it really is."

Although it was not aired until Sunday, Yarmolenko gave the interview on Thursday before reports of an offer from Tottenham emerged

So even though Stoke met this 'release' clause the president just refused to sell - which makes me think its not a release clause at all
90% sure the clause in is contract is there so that Yarmolenko can discuss it with the president then come to a decision, rather than a full release or buyout.

Never seen one like that before but it makes sense with whats happened/happening and provides a real obstacle for us. Can't see their owner considering us a massive step up from Dynamo so it's down to us to smooth talk it.

How is a work permit a major difficulty for him??...

How do you meet to agree personal terms before a fee has been agreed.

Kin ell this Obolon I'm drinking is pretty good. Christ

It's quite common that teams let the player talk to the club while the clubs are negotiating a fee mate.

They want a big fee up front. That's this deal dead then.

I'm not sure this time. Our board knows what's at stake here. This would be a HUGE deal, and a real statement by EFC to the fans, and others. IF we get this guy, keep stones, get that Mori bloke as cover, and then a striker - it will be a brilliant window for us. I really think the board know we are p***** with the lack of activity - but if this guy was on a radar all along - its not even a panic buy.

[QUOTE="blue4eva77, post: 3787723, member: 12842"]How is a work permit a major difficulty for him??...

How do you meet to agree personal terms before a fee has been agreed.

Kin ell this Obolon I'm drinking is pretty good. Christ[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure this time. Our board knows what's at stake here. This would be a HUGE deal, and a real statement by EFC to the fans, and others. IF we get this guy, keep stones, get that Mori bloke as cover, and then a striker - it will be a brilliant window for us. I really think the board know we are p***** with the lack of activity - but if this guy was on a radar all along - its not even a panic buy.

True mate, keeping Stones and adding Yarnwoolenko, Mori and another player up top would leave us with a very strong squad and plenty of options.

tbf lots of other clubs have problems as well - United were quick with Depay but so slow on Pedro that they lost out to Chelsea. Chelsea themselves are usually quite fast but they took over a month to get Rahman over the line (even though they were down to only two fullbacks) and the Stones pursuit is turning into a saga. Shaqiri eventually went to Stoke but that wasn't quick.

We'll be fast on some, like Deulofeu, and slow on others.

I keep getting the impression that Dynamo's president is a PITA to deal with, as well. That can drag things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back