Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get where you're coming from here but leaking fake bids for Yarmolenko could have the opposite effect. If we fail to sign him after 'failing' to sign Shaqiri then it could send the fans into overdrive.
I dont see how an unattributed sorry can rebound on them.

We will sign players, but it'll be in the final few days of this window when the owners are clear who's going/not going. That'd be my guess.

Wouldn't surprise me if negotiations have been going on for weeks. If I remember correctly it took weeks for Andrei Kanchelskis to actually sign due to the sell on clause from his previous club. I think it was only concluded when Everton bought them a case of Levi's and a secondhand bus

As much as it pains me this has got classic Everton written all over it.

Pressure on the board
Message from the top to the PR guys, phone your media contacts and let them know we are after yarmolenko
Sign Mori for a minimal fee
Drag the other deal out, constantly releasing snippets to the press that a deal is close
Windows closes and press release of "we couldn't reach an agreement but will follow our interests up in January"

I get where you're coming from here but leaking fake bids for Yarmolenko could have the opposite effect. If we fail to sign him after 'failing' to sign Shaqiri then it could send the fans into overdrive.
Yup. Plus, this is no time for relentless pessimism. This is the time for getting massively, uncontrollably carried away.

In a week when the Everton owners have clearly sent out their PR team to get on top of the media narrative and swing it back to their 'benign ownership of the club', I'd be inclined to treat all these 'Everton in negotiations with' stories with a huge shovel of salt.

Same here, mate.

Very much hope it's true, though.

In a week when the Everton owners have clearly sent out their PR team to get on top of the media narrative and swing it back to their 'benign ownership of the club', I'd be inclined to treat all these 'Everton in negotiations with' stories with a huge shovel of salt.
I understand what you mean but do you really think even they would be so stupid as to get us all excited and then give us nothing whilst serious questions are already being asked?

If there is truth behind this and there's a chance it's not going to happen I doubt it's being fed to the papers from our board just to try and make us look busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back