Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't surprise me if negotiations have been going on for weeks. If I remember correctly it took weeks for Andrei Kanchelskis to actually sign due to the sell on clause from his previous club. I think it was only concluded when Everton bought them a case of Levi's and a secondhand bus

I remember that with Kanchelskis. First time I'd ever heard of Shaktar back then. Hated them ever since for nearly losing us him.

btw just because these reputable sources are saying we're reading a bid, doesn't mean it's anywhere near a goer. not on the full on green on the yarkmolenkometer anyway.

In a week when the Everton owners have clearly sent out their PR team to get on top of the media narrative and swing it back to their 'benign ownership of the club', I'd be inclined to treat all these 'Everton in negotiations with' stories with a huge shovel of salt.

I'm firmly with you here mate.

We've seen all this before.

I never agree with you on posts but this is what I'm thinking. It's like it's to good to be true? Or is that the pessimist evertonian in me? Or 16 years of lies take your pick lol
It's realism mate.

I think we can all sense that the Stones issue is central to this window and what happens. Until that's resolved all these stories about big fees for quality players are pie in the sky. We might get Mori in on the cheap, as looks likely, but I dont see big cash spent until or if Stones leaves. If he stays I think we're into the loan market for a last few hours of the window mad scramble.

I understand what you mean but do you really think even they would be so stupid as to get us all excited and then give us nothing whilst serious questions are already being asked?

If there is truth behind this and there's a chance it's not going to happen I doubt it's being fed to the papers from our board just to try and make us look busy.

Unfortunately it is the Everton way. Every time questions are asked something miraculously appears in the press.

There moves are so easy to read

I understand what you mean but do you really think even they would be so stupid as to get us all excited and then give us nothing whilst serious questions are already being asked?

If there is truth behind this and there's a chance it's not going to happen I doubt it's being fed to the papers from our board just to try and make us look busy.

Dunno, mate. It's happened before.

Though as you say, to do it when questions are being asked of the board would be quite odd.

As much as it pains me this has got classic Everton written all over it.

Pressure on the board
Message from the top to the PR guys, phone your media contacts and let them know we are after yarmolenko
Sign Mori for a minimal fee
Drag the other deal out, constantly releasing snippets to the press that a deal is close
Windows closes and press release of "we couldn't reach an agreement but will follow our interests up in January"

Nah, this rumour started at the match on Saturday cos a few lads in the crowd heard things. Then someone who used to post here and was very ITK said it was close on another forum. Then the media picked it up....

Think we clearly want him, let's just hope we get it over the line.

If it curtails any momentum building up for the 'Time To Go' protestors, then yes.

They know after Sunday the focus will be on match post mortems and then they're nearly through the worst of it if they can use the remains of the window to good effect.

Nah, this rumour started at the match on Saturday cos a few lads in the crowd heard things. Then someone who used to post here and was very ITK said it was close on another forum. Then the media picked it up....

Think we clearly want him, let's just hope we get it over the line.

Time shall be our deciding factor; just hope it's not another blag from our well ran club.

Just met a dodgy old bloke who gave me a sports almanac and said it's got every major sports result for the next 20 years. I looked up October 2015 and saw Yarmolenko scores the winner against Liverpool, 2-1. It's on! The headline read 'Twisted my Yarm' because Clyne was sent off for pulling him back in the box. Lukaku scored the pen btw, in case anyone fancies a flutter.

I'll have some of that.

<<< Heads to the bookies.

McNulty wouldn't write something without there being a decent source ... meaning Elstone via Phil Kirkbride. lol

Exactly why the BBC article says "Everton:Andriy Yarmalenko could move to Goodison....."

Not sure what we gain by tipping our hand so blatantly.

It's realism mate.

I think we can all sense that the Stones issue is central to this window and what happens. Until that's resolved all these stories about big fees for quality players are pie in the sky. We might get Mori in on the cheap, as looks likely, but I dont see big cash spent until or if Stones leaves. If he stays I think we're into the loan market for a last few hours of the window mad scramble.
Dave why mate?

Let me have wood for at least 5 minutes before entering the thread with your jug of iced water.

Mate? Ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back