Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Newcastle aka Mercenary United have signed
Georginio Wijnaldum. Anyone arsed?

More surprised if anything. Doesn't look like the player we need but it is a bit concerning how many teams around us in the table are strengthening a lot this summer.

A couple of things, since when did Ospina become this fantastic (who Arsenal seem to be willing to let go) goalkeeper? Also, why do we have so many whinging tarts on here?

He's looked alright the 3-4 times I watched him. He's also 26 and if Arsenal is willing to sell him cheap then it might be worth a shot. Plus apparently he's the brother-in-law of James Rodiriguez so surely he'll bring him along too.

That's like saying in Roberto's first season as a club we overtook United. Of course we didn't, we just finished ahead of them as they had a bad season. We had a bad season last season but it's not as though Stoke Swansea or West Ham are suddenly taking players from us or anything like that. We're still a long way ahead of them and it would take a few years of consistent European qualification from one of those sides for a player to think 'yeah they're a better side than Everton'. West Ham might have a bit of money to throw around but by no means have they overtaken us.
I agree but the worry with West Ham is this might just be the beginning. The same way we laughed initially at City when they moved into their new stadium.

Think now it's time to move in for shaqiri as Stoke took their time with it! Think he would be quality, can pretty much play striker, CAM, winger, and even seen him play CM, so let's hope!
The report was that we put in a bid at the same time as Stoke. I think he rejected both of us.

More surprised if anything. Doesn't look like the player we need but it is a bit concerning how many teams around us in the table are strengthening a lot this summer.

Id of liked to of took the gamble on him. Emphasising the word gamble.
If someone asked you before the window opened wijnaldum for 16 million or deulofeu for 4 million which would you of chosen?

The report was that we put in a bid at the same time as Stoke. I think he rejected both of us.

Could be because Schalke is only a four hour drive to Basel where his roots are. And he wants to play in the Euro Tin Cup. And he likes Kanckwurst, knudel and beer carrying frauleins.

Id of liked to of took the gamble on him. Emphasising the word gamble.
If someone asked you before the window opened wijnaldum for 16 million or deulofeu for 4 million which would you of chosen?

Del all day surely? Wijnaldum is a great player but we don't need a player like him, we did however need another winger. Plus Del can be easily as good and better.

Some posters here remind me of children fighting over a toy.
They only want the toy because their friend has it or is going to get it, they never heard of the toy before but now they want it more than anything else in the world, until a different friend with a different toy turns up.

I think we are looking for a centreback and a creative attacking midfielder.
I don't believe we are trying to sign a keeper.

I think that Scott Dann is first choice for centreback, but it is unlikely to happen unless the player pushes and that doesn't appear to be happening.

The creative attacking midfielder that we need so badly has not surfaced yet in any form of credible rumour.

I think that will be it, unless a young player or two for the under 21s. That worked out well last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back