Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're getting slightly carried away with the fact that after less than two weeks in,it seems a player has preferred to live in London rather than Liverpool.If I was a foreigner and I'd never lived in the UK it would be my choice too.

Personally I would try and avoid a capital city. I much prefer cities with their own uniqueness rather than huge metropolises.
Liverpool is my favourite city in the world and I have visited lots. Not too big, loads of good music/art, great sporting heritage, excellent food and shopping areas, beautiful waterfront. And it isn't too expensive either. Maybe I am biased as it is my home city too, but I love it and any footballer should jump at the chance to ply their trade here (wearing blue preferably, unless they are rubbish, then red is ok).

If we don't spend a reasonable amount this summer then questions really do need to be asked. We can't keep screaming poverty with the obscene amounts of money coming in to clubs now from the biggest TV deals on the planet.

It looks like we were very interested in a couple of payers that have gone elsewhere, and the bottom line is it looks like we just didn't come up with the cash to compete.

Being out muscled by the likes of West Ham, Stoke, Palace, Newcastle etc is unacceptable TBH and can't be allowed to continue.
Couldnt give a gnats chuff what other clubs are spending their money on,seems some are looking for that big marquee signing.
Personally I would settle for 2 lesser profiled player like Marc Bartra & Denis Praet ,add them to Duelofeu Cleverly and replace Howard
with Ospina. As long as we kept all our 1st team regulars I think that would be a fantastic window.....wish it was that easy like !

People get into such a frenzy this time of year. I don't believe we were in for Ogbanna or Payet but people believe whatever is speculated.

I personally believe there is money to be spent and in the words or Martinez he is saving up for that special player.

Expect an older cb for a few million another winger for a few million and a playmaker for the big bucks. Add to that a couple of loans and that will be us this summer.

Our biggest action will be keeping all the current first choices in the Everton colours for the start of the season.
This!!

It's impossible to know which players we're interested in without inside knowledge but Ogbonna himself indicated we were so how can people say we definitely weren't in for him?

Personally I would try and avoid a capital city. I much prefer cities with their own uniqueness rather than huge metropolises.
Liverpool is my favourite city in the world and I have visited lots. Not too big, loads of good music/art, great sporting heritage, excellent food and shopping areas, beautiful waterfront. And it isn't too expensive either. Maybe I am biased as it is my home city too, but I love it and any footballer should jump at the chance to ply their trade here (wearing blue preferably, unless they are rubbish, then red is ok).
What is this bull lol

None would come to us to play 2nd fiddle.
Id go for a centre back from a lesser league, 24-27ish. Someone who would come in and we can play on the 'dont want to throw you in straight away card' similar to besic

Yep
Wijnaldum (another supposed target we were in for) has just signed for Newcastle

This board is like children children, we miss out on this, we didn't get him, we can't sign all these players, wijnaldum is a good player but we have Barkley and we can't afford to have a massive team even tho I would like wijnaldum but its Barkley over him for me anyday

Are you a CB at Premier League standard available for around £8m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back