Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be true, already up on Wikipedia:

TtN8k0M.png
Fckin love this thread today

football sometimes is about taking risks, hopefully this risk pays off, young lad but not 18 so it'll be even harder / more expectations.

Maybe he actually does see him as someone he can develop but can make an impact on the first team as 3rd choice.

So, I'm in the US, been asleep for 9 hours, came to work and had stuff to do - final get to log onto GOT.

If I have got this correct:

Stones hasn't put in a transfer request
Mori - deal nearly done
Yarmolenko - nothing confirmed yet but multiple 'strong' rumors a deal is close
A new kid on the block - Rodriguez (22 yr old forward)??

If all 4 of those points come to fruition, I for one would vote this the best transfer window yet and feel quite confident for the season ahead (although I would have preferred VV Dijk or Koulibaly over Mori)

Also hearing rumors we may still yet get Johnny Evans.

Have I got all that correct lads?

You forgot to mention that you now know the scientific name for the area between your rusty sherrifs badge and your ball sack!

22 and an average goal rate in a poor league. Martinez's scout has a phenomenal ability at being the only scout in the world to headhunt South American players and only ever find the jarg ones.

Not filled with optimism as at 22 you think he'd either be tearing it up in a poor league (this is the Uruguayan River Plate, not the Argentinian one, I think?) or have already moved on to a stronger league.

Too old for the youth team but too unproven to be likely to make much of an impact now. We'll see though, I'm always keen to see us unearth gems. The days of Cahill and Arteta seem like a long time ago!

Dunno, that chip and overhead kick looked a bit special

Not bad at all. The first 3 they showed were him getting himself in positions to tap them in. Obviously he's an unfinished article. Gotta take chances sometimes, he may work out given time and if the rumors are true

Whats the Yarmolenko meter reading right now? I don't care about anyone else at this time. I just want this guy so bad in an Everton shirt.

Not filled with optimism as at 22 you think he'd either be tearing it up in a poor league (this is the Uruguayan River Plate, not the Argentinian one, I think?) or have already moved on to a stronger league.

Too old for the youth team but too unproven to be likely to make much of an impact now. We'll see though, I'm always keen to see us unearth gems. The days of Cahill and Arteta seem like a long time ago!
some players just don't get noticed by big teams though mate, one of our best signings in recent years was a certain 60k irish player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back