Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Gibson & Naisy leave, the latter perhaps going back to Rangers.

McGeady might go & I reckon Lennon will still come in at the death cheaper than quoted.

What a summer window this could turn out ...

Brown shoes is BACK!

Think you might find it was BRITISH and Argentinian. Sorry for going off topic mods but I believe you should always take the opportunity to educate and open minds

Not sure he understands what happened as they haven't got Call of Duty - Falklands Liberation version yet.

I thought we were supposed to know our history.

And you saw Seamus play how many times before he arrived?
And John Stones.
Oh, and Mo Besic.
And come to think of it how many full international caps and premier league appearances did Rooney and Barkley have before they burst onto the scene?

Why is it that any good player has to have had a shed load of experience before he can be considered good? Surely, all the gems start somewhere. Pele was 17 when he played in his first World Cup and ripped a few arses....and strangely he came from a no-mark South American League.....ditto Ardilles and Ricky Villa.

All about opinions I guess.
I get your point and agree with you. We should give this lad a chance. I know a fair few Argentinians and even Boca fans reckon he could really come good.

However, back in the days of Pele and even Ardiles and Villa, the Brazilian and Argentininan leagues were of a much higher level than today and were easily a match for anything in Europe quality wise. Not so today
It's a bit like saying Virgil Van Dijk should be good because Celtic won the European Cup in 1967.

I get your point and agree with you. We should give this lad a chance. I know a fair few Argentinians and even Boca fans reckon he could really come good.

However, back in the days of Pele and even Ardiles and Villa, the Brazilian and Argentininan leagues were of a much higher level than today and were easily a match for anything in Europe quality wise. Not so today
It's a bit like saying Virgil Van Dijk should be good because Celtic won the European Cup in 1967.

....the Argentinian and Dutch national sides are decent.

Sooo have we entertained the possibility that this Leandro chap is signing for the south american Everton rather than us and there's been a mix-up?

I honestly think we'll either announce a signing tonight, or more likely, unveil them before/half time at the manchester city game.

By accounts we have definitely signed Mori for 6m or so, Leandro on a nominal fee and have agreed with Kiev the fee for Yarmolenko, but are still reaching terms with the player and ironing out whatnot.

Make it happen Bobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back