Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely no way we are not taking Lennon before the deadline. He is not featuring at all for Spurs, is not in their plans at all and has said wants to play for Everton. Its why he hasn't moved elsewhere this summer. He has obviously been promised something from Everton, so one of those 3 slots is infact Aaron Lennon. Another is clearly Funes Mori.

The only doubt is this Rodriguez kid but its been reported there is something there. Thats our 3 players, its clear as day. All this bollocks about Yarmolenko and Bernard is nothing but a sham.

I hate myself or admitting this, but there is a tiny tiny tiny piece of me that is getting excited to view the meltdown of epic proportions when Everton sells Stones and buy Lennon, Rodriguez, & Mori.

There is absolutely no way we are not taking Lennon before the deadline. He is not featuring at all for Spurs, is not in their plans at all and has said wants to play for Everton. Its why he hasn't moved elsewhere this summer. He has obviously been promised something from Everton, so one of those 3 slots is infact Aaron Lennon. Another is clearly Funes Mori.

The only doubt is this Rodriguez kid but its been reported there is something there. Thats our 3 players, its clear as day. All this bollocks about Yarmolenko and Bernard is nothing but a sham.
Source?

have to say my optimism and faith that we are getting any top quality players is at zero today.

at best I think we are getting a bunch of squad fillers that wont improve our best 11 , wont add competition for places and wont hardly get a look in.
I'm not mystic meg , but there is nothing to suggest otherwise.

Just doesn't inspire you does it. 2 unknown South Americans and Lennon . I've said that this week would prove to be pivotal for EFC for years to come. Obviously no money , no ambition ,the club try's to put a phenomenal spin on things but enough is enough. We had same situation the year we qualified for champions league . Little or no investment then . Watch Spurs splash 20 plus million on Berinho or West Ham splash millions on another player etc. It's a sad situation .. Almost bordering on frustrating

So...stones stays and suddenly we can't afford yarmolenko. What a surprise eh. Are these alternatives on loan?

We supposedly turned down a £30m bid from Chelsea for Stones, and have always said he was going nowhere, and we still put in an offer for Yarmelenko which reportedly was accepted, the hold up was rumoured to be Kiev asking for allsorts of add-ons and clauses.

Think you are right on Lennon. Waiting for the last minute to force it through in the hope Levy will take whatever he can get.

Whether he is one of the three I am not so sure. Unless this Uruguayan striker thing is some sort of hoax. I think we genuinely are trying to sign Yarmolenko.

Screenshot_2015-08-23-21-07-37.webp

there is, make up news all summer when we are simply waiting for dramatic effect to make Aaron Lennon the new saviour of the club

...I was quite reliably informed the LENNON thing was done, dusted & tied off some time ago ergo I'm surprised it - apparently - hasn't been yet? (if y'know what I mean) And I'm desperately hoping this TX (LENNON) hasn't been held back as one of the mysterious & elusive '3'....

The '3', the whole concept of which scares me somewhat as it implies three transfers of good standing were targeted early doors when clearly, it seems, that may not be the case at all and it may just be a case of 'three of whatever' and appease the masses. Hmmm...

Genuinely confused by the transfer stance at the club currently.

We'll see eh....

Onward, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back