Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not posted for a while as on hols in Portugal, but have been reading this thread on and off when had spare time.

it's like a mass episode of bi-polar activity in here, the mood can go from complete joy to manic depression in the blink of two pointless newspaper articles.

Standing out of it and reading it every few days is certainly an eye opener and makes you reaslise how Everton have such a massive influence on peoples mood swings! :)

Some people have deemed Bernard unsuitable for the PL as he lacks the height, physicality and mental strength to cut it in this league. But then again you've had the likes of Coutinho and Cazorla who are of similar stature but mentally I believe they proved it before coming to the PL that they had what it takes. I don't believe being short in height can be as big an obstacle in this league than not having the mentality and right attitude can be.
I've read his attitude being questioned at Shaktar but can only judge him if I see him more which I haven't done much.

Roma has always been my Italian team - all the way back to when Giannini was playing - so I watch quite a few of their games.

Gervinho has been a revelation in the Roma team, especially in his first season. Iturbe came with huge expectations and failed to live up to them. He has pace and trickery and could turn out to be the real deal - he is just not quite there yet.

Some people have deemed Bernard unsuitable for the PL as he lacks the height, physicality and mental strength to cut it in this league. But then again you've had the likes of Coutinho and Cazorla who are of similar stature but mentally I believe they proved it before coming to the PL that they had what it takes. I don't believe being short in height can be as big an obstacle in this league than not having the mentality and right attitude can be.
I've read his attitude being questioned at Shaktar but can only judge him if I see him more which I haven't done much.
Best example has to be Juninho - if you're good enough height and might mean nothing.

I think the impression Bernard won't be able to cut it in our league is because it looks like he can't cut it in the Ukranian league which is just as physical but albeit with different pressures.

I wouldn't ever say yes/no to him as I've not seen him play much and none of us have seen him play in the prem. Right now I'm just desperate for signings to give the club a little boost and if it's Bernard and he fails, so be it. I think as a club we need to keep showing we're trying to step up a level every window.

Edit: If I was Martinez and Yarmz is dead in the water I'd look to Quintero at Port. They love a good sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back