Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galloway has played more professional games of football as a left back than he has as a centreback. Oviedo is available for tomorrow and Baines will be back shorty.

Even if the worst case scenario happened and all were out injured for a substantial amount of time we've got other options in the squad to cover.

There is no way we are adding another leftback to this squad when it contains 3 and we've got one out on loan who's just signed a 5 year contract extension. We've not got a limitless budget and our club can't simply buy a player every time someone is injured.

Yes we have got options and a better option against the top teams would be Barry. I'm sure McCarthy could do Barry's job in the middle with Cleverly in front or even Besic. I feel it would be easier to cover the middle than it is to cover full back. With Barry you have experience which compensates for speed at times.

Precisely this. Just cos Gibson has played in a couple of CL games and scored one goal doesn't make him better. Barton has played more matches, scored more goals, more assists and has more complete passes than Gibson. No need for stats even cos Gibson has hardly played half the games as Barton has.

Barton better than Gibson? I'm getting off the planet. He plays more that's it, but I'd rather have 5 mins of Gibson on a pitch than a whole season of that clown Barton. Not even in the same league as players.

Precisely this. Just cos Gibson has played in a couple of CL games and scored one goal doesn't make him better. Barton has played more matches, scored more goals, more assists and has more complete passes than Gibson. No need for stats even cos Gibson has hardly played half the games as Barton has.

Games aren't played on paper you need to watch them to get a full understanding of skill level. I've watched Barton play and I've watched Gibson play and gibbons better. Accumulation of stats over time isn't the same as being good. John Stones is better than Ashley Williams even though Williams Has 12 epl goals and stones has 1

Next he's asked about Shakhtar Donetsk play-maker, Brazilian midfielder Bernard.

And again he answers. Well, sort of.

"He has a few representatives in the UK," starts Martinez, then stops - before presumably finally realising his earlier vow not to talk about transfer targets - and adds "but I can't go into detail on any of ours"
taken from BBC feed.

That sounds like he would be an option to us in the last week of the window, a sort of back up option on a cheaper deal.

taken from BBC feed.

That sounds like he would be an option to us in the last week of the window, a sort of back up option on a cheaper deal.

He didn't say that - he said "I'm sure he has a few representatives in the UK..." - it was almost sarcastic, and to me came across like "well, agents will link their players to clubs won't they?"

Barton better than Gibson...honestly? Gibson is one of our best midfielders. Massive shame he can't stay fit otherwise he would play every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back