Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As @AaronTheBlue said the other day, offer a million for Lescott now West Brom have said they want him gone, cover for centre-half, and we know he can play left back.
i didn't say that...

i wouldn't have lescott if we were paid to have him, at all.

He's an old fella who isn't any where NEAR as good as he used to be, who is on massive wages with injury problems and is coming to the end of his career.

Funes Mori is at the start of his career, and is looking way more promising and i'd rather take the risk on him then Lescott.

i didn't say that...

i wouldn't have lescott if we were paid to have him, at all.

He's an old fella who isn't any where NEAR as good as he used to be, who is on massive wages with injury problems and is coming to the end of his career.

Funes Mori is at the start of his career, and is looking way more promising and i'd rather take the risk on him then Lescott.

Sorry mate, could have sworn it was you, will have a look back and see who it was.

It would lead me to believe that with these cryptic messages and the reports of Barca and Arsenal being in for Yarmolenko the Yarmolenko deal is still on but hanging by a thread.
to be honest mate unless something concrete comes out, or we invest a similar amount of money into a player i am putting yarmalenko down as club PR to try and get fans buzzing after the clear unrest after the watford game.

But then thats just my opinion, we sign a 10-17 million pound player this window and clearly it wasn't PR.

Tell you the truth mate I haven't seen him play for awhile, but still worth a shout if we could get him for buttons.
Fair enough, I just think he's 33 now, he was good at left back about 7/8 years ago for us then was a quality centre half for us, since dropped by city I don't think he is good enough for anyone but lower end prem teams now. That's just my opinion on it

to be honest mate unless something concrete comes out, or we invest a similar amount of money into a player i am putting yarmalenko down as club PR to try and get fans buzzing after the clear unrest after the watford game.

But then thats just my opinion, we sign a 10-17 million pound player this window and clearly it wasn't PR.

I think the majority of supporters will be surprised if we spend 10-17million on a player.

If they believe its PR or not.

Me too.

However it is probably like Shaqiri. If we can get him for a knock down price we might be able to stretch for it in much the same way as we would have taken Shaqiri on loan. I don't however think we have any intention of paying what either is worth.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...elona-big-news-in-spain-as-everton-play-games

I think this line at the bottom was very telling.

"Dealing with Dynamo Kiev will be difficult but if Everton pay a decent fee - somewhere between €15m and €20m - then they should be able to get a deal done. Dynamo will simply not sell their star player for a hugely knock down price. "

Neither the Echo/Everton Twitter page nor BBC Sport accurately relay what is actually said at a presser so I really wouldn't read into anything like that. Just listen to the presser yourself and you get the full picture. Half the tweets are jarg or juxtaposed I've noticed.

Me too.

However it is probably like Shaqiri. If we can get him for a knock down price we might be able to stretch for it in much the same way as we would have taken Shaqiri on loan. I don't however think we have any intention of paying what either is worth.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...elona-big-news-in-spain-as-everton-play-games

I think this line at the bottom was very telling.

"Dealing with Dynamo Kiev will be difficult but if Everton pay a decent fee - somewhere between €15m and €20m - then they should be able to get a deal done. Dynamo will simply not sell their star player for a hugely knock down price. "
Thank you introducing the highly credible sportwitness site to back up your opinion mate. That's showed us.

I think the board will use the stones issue last day of the silly season. They know they won't get away with selling stones and only bringing in average names like a Lennon or some 5 million forward type player. If they can't get in a decent player with a reputation they will hang onto stones. If we can get one in they have a cushion to fall back on the stones issue. They will claim to win either way. Maybe they will

The thing is whichever way they spin it now, both arguments are lost. They have cash. They have had plenty of cash for a couple of successive transfer windows now. So if it's not being spent on players where is it going?

I'm all for not spending for the sake of spending (that's prudent) and equally buying bargains if they turn out to be quality. but bargains are always unqualified untested gambles. And that just seems to be the Board's modus operandi - take small short term gambles and hope for the best while not having to account for a lack of investment anywhere else in the business commercially.

If our net spend again is lowest out of all teams I think it's something the media can pick up on. But using last weekends team as an example the Board may counter argue that they've brought through Barkley, browning, Galloway and Osman for nothing while only paying minimal amounts or nothing over the years for Howard, Jags, Barry, Cleverley, Stones and Coleman plus Mori if they sign him?

In fact they only paid a significant fee (I.e £5m+) for 3 out of 20 of last weekend's squad - McCarthy, Lukaku, and possibly Mirallas (£5m-£6m)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back