Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know nothing of Rodriguez, but it's an extreme stretch to expect him to improve the first team squad now. Funes Mori might, and looks better back up than we had last year, so that's a start.

But there's a week to go to shore up some pretty important attacking positions. They've pleaded for patience all along, but the tipping point is approaching. Yarmolenko would be perfect, but that now looks a long shot. Who's next? I hope they know, and I hope they get it done.

If this next week is ballsed, heads will be lost and arses will go at a rate to make ISIS jealous.

Nothing against Leandro Rodriguez (I didn´t know him) but when I read Martinez quote; that he is looking to bring him to Everton I want to :rant:
Are the south american lads really the targets who he worked for since march? I can´t believe it...So disappointing!

See the danger we run the risk of that a lot of people don't like to admit is not the price of success (and lack of from the board) but the price of failure. So yeah, we don't sell stones, we sign a few players, probably lennon or Januzai and we go ahead this season.

Except what happens next summer? Stones still in demand? Lukaku scored another 20 goals +? Barca want Del back? Players run out of contracts? Mirallas has a decent bid for him?

My point is, for all the we arent selling stones this summer argument, it means nothing without us backing that up. If we stagnate, there is enough players in our squad that suggest to me at least that we cant fight off clubs on several fronts, especially as some of them speak through agents.

that is why spending money right now is important. Lukaku is tasked to bang them in, yet what happens when he does that after the club spending a little amount on players, and his agent tells him the big clubs want him? Do you think he will stay?

Compare that to a club who gives young players a chance and invests in actual talent to support him? MAssive difference in perspective for a player of roms ability.

Interesting post with some good arguments. I think we are playing hard ball with the Yarmolenko deal, and there is currently a stand off. If Dynamo are prepared to sell him, he will come to Everton. This ' Everton call off deal' business is Bills way of laying down a gauntlet, and he is very good at this. Big problem is currently how fit Bill K is to get involved in negotiations. Unless a bid close to £50 million comes in for Stones, he won't go...and I don't think Chelsea will go that far. Net sales is of course less important than quality on the field...in fact currently Stokes net sale is about £2 million, and we have a far better squad than them. There may yet be a surprise signing close to the end of the window, and one or two outgoings of fringe players...McGeady probably and even Gibson if anyone will buy him.

Interesting post with some good arguments. I think we are playing hard ball with the Yarmolenko deal, and there is currently a stand off. If Dynamo are prepared to sell him, he will come to Everton. This ' Everton call off deal' business is Bills way of laying down a gauntlet, and he is very good at this. Big problem is currently how fit Bill K is to get involved in negotiations. Unless a bid close to £50 million comes in for Stones, he won't go...and I don't think Chelsea will go that far. Net sales is of course less important than quality on the field...in fact currently Stokes net sale is about £2 million, and we have a far better squad than them. There may yet be a surprise signing close to the end of the window, and one or two outgoings of fringe players...McGeady probably and even Gibson if anyone will buy him.
see thats the thing, cleverly and del are improvements in the squad. Both of them are fantastic additions to the squad and credit to martinez for moving so quick for them.

But away from that, signing a couple of unknown players isnt going to be the way forward, especially the year you have to give them (like besic) to adapt to a tougher league. So Mori may be back up but there is a 50% chance he may struggle this year, something we have to compensate for.

We need to be succesful or our players WILL be sold, its as simple as that. We havent sold stones this window, but right now we havent spent money either. If anything the argument of us being a selling club is more apparent by not spending money by if we did go ahead and sell stones. At least if we spent 40 million after selling stones for that, we are investing the cash into the team. Right now with a half loan, free transfer and couple of cheap imports, that cries out that we do in fact need to sell to buy, the markings of a selling club.

the window isnt closed and many things could happen between now and next week, time will tell on that front. But as of now, if we arent spending money then we really are labelling ourselves far worse than selling stones would.

see thats the thing, cleverly and del are improvements in the squad. Both of them are fantastic additions to the squad and credit to martinez for moving so quick for them.

But away from that, signing a couple of unknown players isnt going to be the way forward, especially the year you have to give them (like besic) to adapt to a tougher league. So Mori may be back up but there is a 50% chance he may struggle this year, something we have to compensate for.

We need to be succesful or our players WILL be sold, its as simple as that. We havent sold stones this window, but right now we havent spent money either. If anything the argument of us being a selling club is more apparent by not spending money by if we did go ahead and sell stones. At least if we spent 40 million after selling stones for that, we are investing the cash into the team. Right now with a half loan, free transfer and couple of cheap imports, that cries out that we do in fact need to sell to buy, the markings of a selling club.

the window isnt closed and many things could happen between now and next week, time will tell on that front. But as of now, if we arent spending money then we really are labelling ourselves far worse than selling stones would.

So by not selling players we are a selling club? Everton really can't win.

Deulofeu - £4.2m
Cleverly - free
Mori - £5.5m
Rodriguez - £500k
Total - £10.2m

Thinking we can challenge top 5 with an investment of £10.2m - priceless.

Seriously doubt the board think or expect that.

The problem is, they may promote and say that. If there's one thing the current regime has excelled at, it's controlling the opinion of the Evertonian masses.

*claps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back