Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm new here and rather new to the transfer market. Seen many links to this guys tweets, and didn't realize he wasn't trustable? This thread moves too fast, to keep up with.

Pay no notice, doesn't matter where it comes from we shouldn't be putting any faith into anything not on the official site. Just assume everything is jarg crap, especially from Twitter.

He said 3 players in (without the sale of Stones). Surely thats got to be 4+ players now if Stones goes?

What a next 6 days this is going to be :Blink:

I honestly think since the weekend when Cahill was dropped to the bench,Terry gets sent off and is looking more like yesterdays man,Stones and his advisors have had word somewhere along the line that he will be first choice down there,very odd this has taken this length of time to come to this point.

I can handle the sale of Stones, after all, it is what we have been doing for years now. Buy cheap, sell high.
Sad to see him go but we will make a huge profit on him. It's just a shame the club probably won't benefit from it but the board members will.
What worries me is what sort of message it sends to the likes of Barkley, Coleman, Lukaku and McCarthy.
If we don't bring in quality players after this sale who can blame them for wanting to move on too?
We continually say we are a big club but only show a small club mentality.
This way of running the club will only last so long, and then we will suffer.

Even by Everton standards, this window must be one of the most depressing yet. On the back of the TV deal, I don't think anyone would have expected us to have spent just £4.5 million going into the last week of the window. Yarmalenko aside (that is never happening btw) we're only being linked with Mori (never heard of him until last week) and some kid from the Guetamalan second division or whatever. We're being outspent by Championship clubs which is pitiful really.

Now, almost inevitably, we've got Stones putting in a transfer request. I say inevitably, I think the script was written a long time ago. It was always going to drag on all summer, with a transfer request almost exactly 1 week before the window closes. Leaves us no time to spend the money obviously. It's the Everton way of doing things.

I think if we end this window with a negative nett spend, this'll be my last season ticket after 21 years. Just can't be doing with constant feeling of being ripped off by Kenwright and his dodgy mates.

If we don't sign anyone of value and let Stones go, would it be frowned upon to assassinate Kenwright and Martinez? Or would a public execution be more appropriate?

I know the board are bad but we will definitely get all the money to spend from Stones' sale
I think it depends on who we can attract. If Yarmolenko and VVD are possible then I think both together will cost close to 25m and with Mori and possibly that young Rodriguez that will be around what we will get for Stones.

If we can't get Yarmolenko I don't think Martinez will spend the money.

If we had any intention of permitting Stones to go - by now we would have done the deal , and not been fetching in players from the river plate, Any high priced players never got going as talks broke down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back