Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other teams don't seem to have trouble with getting players in early though. Just praying we have something unexpected up our sleeves
While I always thought Yarmolenko was a long shot and Shaqiri was the safer option since we could have signed him earlier I can understand why Martinez waited and missed out. We were so close to making this one happen and we aren't the kind of club that can normally attract a player like this. Ultimately had Celta accepted Barca's bid for Nolito which everyone thought was going to happen Yarmolenko would be our player either now or in January. That was worth the gamble.

It just didn't work out but there should be no blame. I respect Martinez for giving it a go and trying to get a player like this.

It's not like we've had since the end of last season to come up with some targets for creative midfielders/forwards. It really does baffle me why we don't get players in early and give them chance to settle in with a pre-season with us

simple. we have no money. ever. martinez knew this from the off, hence what he said about a couple in early then the rest right at the end. you think he'd actually not want his whole squad in place before the season?

Christ almighty I'm after just seen the transfer deadline day show advert with Jose Mourinho...

And it looks AMAZING!!! I'm delighted I'm off work. I'm going to send the missus out to the pub and just stick the kettle on, just pig out watching it all day.

Jose with the yellow tie? I love that man. He 'gets' it.

#TDD

While I don't doubt that we could do better this Yarm saga does highlight how difficult transfers are for a club in our position (and why so many of us are unenthusiastic about taking money for our best players meaning we have to do this all a bunch more times).

The number of players who:

Their club will sell AND we can afford AND would improve our first 11 AND will sign for a non-CL club AND will reject the inevitable interest from the RS & Spurs (or Stoke!).

... that's not a huge number of players. So it gets complicated. Teams don't want to sell and player has to be sold on the club.

Not saying we can't do better but I do have some sympathy. There aren't many players out there fitting those criteria.

On an emotional level I'm really bummed about Yarm. He looked top notch and with Del, Mirallas, Barkers and Lukaku would have given us a dynamite attacking force (not that they'd ever be on the pitch at the same time of course ... haha).

@Adversus is rapidly climbing up there with other Evertonian cult figures such as John Merro and Si Currie.
I thought I pretty much got it spot on myself. The draw was the reason for the delay and an easy draw meant he stayed. Barca interest turned out to be true and was probably dependent on Nolito.

I guess Sport Witness wasn't the Spanish version of the Daily Star after all.

In fact it makes me wonder about this now

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...elona-big-news-in-spain-as-everton-play-games

"Dealing with Dynamo Kiev will be difficult but if Everton pay a decent fee - somewhere between €15m and €20m - then they should be able to get a deal done. Dynamo will simply not sell their star player for a hugely knock down price. "

I really hope that isn't true and we weren't messing around on the price.

Utterly baffled now who the hell we can try get in for that playmaker role...

Hopefully we wont bother with evans or lennon, vvd i aint got a clue about at all, leaat we wont try for moses now anyway

Bobby could do a blinder here or could be very frustrating for us

I thought I pretty much got it spot on myself. The draw was the reason for the delay and an easy draw meant he stayed. Barca interest turned out to be true and was probably dependent on Nolito.

I guess Sport Witness wasn't the Spanish version of the Daily Star after all.

In fact it makes me wonder about this now

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...elona-big-news-in-spain-as-everton-play-games

"Dealing with Dynamo Kiev will be difficult but if Everton pay a decent fee - somewhere between €15m and €20m - then they should be able to get a deal done. Dynamo will simply not sell their star player for a hugely knock down price. "

I really hope that isn't true and we weren't messing around on the price.

Jesus mate the barca link was utter jarg, everyone and his dog knows it was

THIS+IS+FINE.png

Think I'm on about the 2nd image of this so far. Don't really want my face melting off by Tuesday. Need Bobby to pull out one big signing otherwise I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back