Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Yarmolenko has his heart set on one of the big boys. Barcelona, Arsenal at a push. I think he'd sooner leave on a free and have his pick of clubs. A shame really as he's obviously going to be a superstar. But if he doesn't want to play for us, he doesn't want to play for us.

I get the impression if he was allowed to leave in this transfer window then he'd come to us without issue. That will obviously change come Jan when he'll likely have more options available to him

The 3 behind Lukaku will hopefully be: Mirallas - Barkley - Delofeu.

The issue is if they get injured (which is probable with Mirallas) we only have McGeady/Pienaar to turn to, he'll be decent back up and a good sub to bring on after 60 minutes or so. He's certainly not going to be our saviour though.

You have to assess the squad as if McGeady, Pienaar, Hibbert and Gibson aren't in it. Three are permanent sick notes these days and the other is useless, even against L1 opposition.

We really don't need Lennon at all though, do we? I can't see any point in bringing him in, even though I do like him.

if we can get rid of mcgeady then i'd deffo want lennon, otherwise i agree...not a priority

am hoping this is the case, 3 more players if no out-goings

Mori still looks in the balance, so I'd expect irons in the fire elsewhere with that CB position. The two up front: I can see one being a loan (possibly De Guzman) and a small fee for a 'reserve' striker.

It'll be a modest window with an outlay (including the Deulofeu deal) of around 15M.

If so, it's an outrageously small transfer budget given the scale of signings we needed to make to move up the table again.

Lennon did come in and do a good job for us last season and hats off to him for that, but the fact we’ve gone out and signed delefeou since then it just wouldnt make sense as a signing and martinez must see that

Mori still looks in the balance, so I'd expect irons in the fire elsewhere with that CB position. The two up front: I can see one being a loan (possibly De Guzman) and a small fee for a 'reserve' striker.

It'll be a modest window with an outlay (including the Deulofeu deal) of around 15M.

If so, it's an outrageously small transfer budget given the scale of signings we needed to make to move up the table again.

RM just said in the press conference that he was at Finch Farm yesterday and it'll be sorted today/tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back