Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i we can imagine Funes Mori taking Distin's place, that would mean Browning takes the 4th centre back spot?

Lennon, I imagine will come in if we get rid of McGeady. Likewise JDG if Gibson goes.

The new lad will go into the 21's.

Which leaves two attacking players, of which I have no idea of the identity.

Looks like Yarmolenko has his heart set on one of the big boys. Barcelona, Arsenal at a push. I think he'd sooner leave on a free and have his pick of clubs. A shame really as he's obviously going to be a superstar. But if he doesn't want to play for us, he doesn't want to play for us.

wasn't his decision. he can't do anything about it, he's under contract. he would have come here if the chairman let the move go through.

So i we can imagine Funes Mori taking Distin's place, that would mean Browning takes the 4th centre back spot?

Lennon, I imagine will come in if we get rid of McGeady. Likewise JDG if Gibson goes.

The new lad will go into the 21's.

Which leaves two attacking players, of which I have no idea of the identity.

more galloway than borwning as 4th choice imo.

I'd be surprised if we get this mythical 'number 10' he's seemingly been banging on about all summer now.....or this thread has been banging on about all summer anyway.

I think it's likely Lennon will be one of the two attacking players he is looking to bring in, especially if we can shift McGeady and then maybe a back up striker. But of course this is all conjecture.

The 3 behind Lukaku will hopefully be: Mirallas - Barkley - Delofeu.

The issue is if they get injured (which is probable with Mirallas) we only have McGeady/Pienaar to turn to, he'll be decent back up and a good sub to bring on after 60 minutes or so. He's certainly not going to be our saviour though.

That works against some teams but as proved against City you need to ensure at times your front four can defend or at least support the full backs. Lennon did an excellent job at this last season as has pienaar previously.

Mori still looks in the balance, so I'd expect irons in the fire elsewhere with that CB position. The two up front: I can see one being a loan (possibly De Guzman) and a small fee for a 'reserve' striker.

It'll be a modest window with an outlay (including the Deulofeu deal) of around 15M.

If so, it's an outrageously small transfer budget given the scale of signings we needed to make to move up the table again.

I bet we all want a marquee signing but even without one I am happy with the dealings. I class this as a very good window as we don't lose any first choice players while adding two or three useful squad players.

In: Deulofeu, Cleverley, Funes Mori, Rodriguez, Holgate. Another two attacking options will sign too according to Martinez.

Next summer, we will probably release Hibbert, Gibson, Kone, Osman and Piennar as their contracts will be expired. The overall age of the team will go down significantly. Hopefully we will give Oviedo a new contract. If I am the manager, I will try to get rid of McGeady before next Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back