Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet we all want a marquee signing but even without one I am happy with the dealings. I class this as a very good window as we don't lose any first choice players while adding two or three useful squad players.

In: Deulofeu, Cleverley, Funes Mori, Rodriguez, Holgate. Another two attacking options will sign too according to Martinez.

Next summer, we will probably release Hibbert, Gibson, Kone, Osman and Piennar as their contracts will be expired. The overall age of the team will go down significantly. Hopefully we will give Oviedo a new contract. If I am the manager, I will try to get rid of McGeady before next Tuesday.
I wont deny Martinez is making a good fist of churning this squad over now and adding to the mix in order to reinvigorate it, and if you have good youngsters coming through you can do a lot of that with little money. However, we needed that marquee signing badly last season - a creative player that'd cost £15M-£20M - and that doesn't change.

Nice that we're getting two utterly obscure south american randoms like everyone was complaining about wanting. Maybe they can pipe down about 'predictable' signings until next summer.

People have been moaning about this not happening since Martinez's first transfer window with us.

Now it's actually happened and guess what..people are moaning about it.

Nice that we're getting two utterly obscure south american randoms like everyone was complaining about wanting. Maybe they can pipe down about 'predictable' signings until next summer.

Those two just keep reminding me of Strac and Drenthe though. Maybe they'll turn out to be good but they just feel like they're going to be useless.

I wont deny Martinez is making a good fist of churning this squad over now and adding to the mix in order to reinvigorate it, and if you have good youngsters coming through you can do a lot of that with little money. However, we needed that marquee signing - a creative player that'd cost £15M-£20M - badly last season and that doesn't change.

Sure but I predict we will end up with De Guzman on loan. Hope I am wrong. Fingers crossed dude.

We have BK and Co don't forget not mega rich foreigner as chairman. I don't expect a marquee signing paid by Blood Bros tickets.

that's why i said i'm not blaming what you posted. we're one of the biggest teams in the land and one of the top 7 best. it's sad that these owners have turned our fans into thinking a good window is not selling a first team player. especially with just £6m spent with 4 days to go.

Seems pretty much done mate:

Defender Mori, 24, and striker Rodriguez were guests of the Club at last Saturday's game against Manchester City and have since been at the Finch Farm training ground.
Speaking at his weekly press conference on Friday morning, Blues boss Roberto Martinez said: "We're really, really excited. Ramiro was in the building yesterday. We hope to complete the deal sometime today.
"International clearance could take a few days. Our relationship now with River Plate is very good and we're confident Ramiro could become an Everton player very soon."
Yeah, I watched the press conference just now and all told I didn't think Martinez looked convinced when he was saying all that. We have a job on getting a visa I believe. In the balance still that one, and the Rodriguez one.

I'd like us to get Ashley Williams, tbh. He can play a bit and he's a leader and dominant in the box.

that's why i said i'm not blaming what you posted. we're one of the biggest teams in the land and one of the top 7 best. it's sad that these owners have turned our fans into thinking a good window is not selling a first team player. especially with just £6m spent with 4 days to go.

Mate we have endured this thing for about 15 years. Nothing has changed until the club is sold.

Lennon only if mc geady goes?
Think also we don't need de guzman or any other midfielder, need nr 10 with goalscoring threat otherwise wait till January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back