Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we can't get the playmaker, i'd be content with austin and playing two up front. just hope we can get dela and mirallas fit as two wingers for a 4-4-2, or play lukaku as a wide attacker with one of them in a 4-3-3.

we can then look for the playmaker next summer then and hopefully have a backup plan as well just in case it fails.

yarmolenko will get better offers in jan you'd feel.

you just know sky sports will make up stories about him still coming on deadline day.

wonder if we would have been happy to pay the outright fee for shaqiri now? we obviously only wanted a loan because we needed to keep the fee money back for yarmolenko.

hopefully, just also hope he's not one of the three...confusing

I think he will be mate. One of the main reasons we get carved open to easy for my liking is we don't defend from the front. It's a tactic Martinez definitely sets his players out not to do so when a team breaks on us there's usually one of the full backs out of position, no wingers tracking back, striker and 2nd striker out of position and then centre back gets dragged out of position .

Only player who really balances this out is Lennon because he's a lot like Pienaar as in he understands when it's time to stick or twist.

Skill wise he's no upgrade on Mirallas or Del but tactics wise I think he will be used for specific games. Not an overwhelming signing but one which I understand if it happens.

For me that would make -

Funes Mori
Lennon
?

Hoping the last one isn't De Guzman. I rate him as a decent player but just no where near what we are currently looking for.

Hoping it's someone class who hasn't really been mentioned yet but who we will all agree will make a difference.

Don't think Inter have secured Perisic yet and even though he ain't a playmaker he could certainly knuckle down the left wing position as his own freeing up the more creative players to rotate in the 2nd striker role.

Yeah, I watched the press conference just now and all told I didn't think Martinez looked convinced when he was saying all that. We have a job on getting a visa I believe. In the balance still that one, and the Rodriguez one.

I'd like us to get Ashley Williams, tbh. He can play a bit and he's a leader and dominant in the box.
swansea want 25 m for him tho. way too much

Deadline Day is either gonna be mental or an absolute Hiroshima for the board.

I just don't get that mentality at all.

Cleverley, Deulofeu, Holgate have all ready been tied down and the Argentinian & Uruguayan look nailed on, Lennon is highly likely and it looks like Stones stays (75% of our fan base in all honesty thought he'd depart).

Personally I think it's been an incredible window. If Martinez adds a player of real high quality out of the Blue then we should be all rejoicing from the rooftops ...

We could sign Neymar, Suarez and Messi and this place would still be in full on fume mode. Incredible.

Cleverley, Deulofeu, Holgate have all ready been tied down and the Argentinian & Uruguayan look nailed on, Lennon is highly likely and it looks like Stones stays (75% of our fan base in all honesty thought he'd depart).

Personally I think it's been an incredible window. If Martinez adds a player of real high quality out of the Blue then we should be all rejoicing from the rooftops ...

We could sign Neymar, Suarez and Messi and this place would still be in full on fume mode. Incredible.
we've done great so far adding what we've got so cheaply as well as reupping kev and mccarthy. however we're crying out for a playmaking type midfielder as ross seems better suited deeper. Now I don't care what the fee is or its a loan as long as we get a decent creative type

We're not any stronger tho to an extent and still need a playmaker. Spending no money near is an incredible window? Are you Martinez? Lol lol lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back