Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why we should have moved on sharpish.

All depends on the outcome doesn't it Dave though?

I still remember the Kanchelskis transfer saga and in this day and age most would have been calling for us to pull out and swap targets and if we did we would have missed the chance of signing one of the best players i have ever seen play at the old lady

If it came off we would be so amazingly happy we stuck it out, as it looks like it didn't we now wish we'd have swapped targets fast, easy with hindsight

He'd be good for them!

It's utter codswhallop mate, news in british papers came out after Yarmolenko and the owner had shot down him moving this window and are based upon those jarg reports a week ago about Barca interest, follow the trail of that story and it's so lazy reporting it's funny.

Story appears in the Spanish version of the metro linking Barca interest and citing Arsenal ones to boost the story about a week ago, Yarmolenko about 4 days ago says he's staying admits interest from us and denies any interest from Barca ever, next day owner says he is staying at Kiev, day or two later British papers start running with Arsenal interest in him based upon the old Spanish article, really is shockingly bad reporting

All depends on the outcome doesn't it Dave though?

I still remember the Kanchelskis transfer saga and in this day and age most would have been calling for us to pull out and swap targets and if we did we would have missed the chance of signing one of the best players i have ever seen play at the old lady

If it came off we would be so amazingly happy we stuck it out, as it looks like it didn't we now wish we'd have swapped targets fast, easy with hindsight
I remember the Kanchelskis saga well. It was all down to agents though, not owners. And Kanchelskis was in this country already and the deal looked a lot more credible than this because of it.

That felt tangible and within touching distance; this Yarmolenko business feels abstract and way out of reach.

IMO (and supposing we do have cash, btw) we wasted a good week + on chasing that signature. It was poor judgement by all concerned.

I remember the Kanchelskis saga well. It was all down to agents though, not owners. And Kanchelskis was in this country already and the deal looked a lot more credible than this because of it.

That felt tangible and within touching distance; this Yarmolenko business feels abstract and way out of reach.

IMO (and supposing we do have cash, btw) we wasted a good week + on chasing that signature. It was poor judgement by all concerned.

Going to wait and see what happens when the deadline is over mate and the window shut myself, right at this moment it does indeed look like we wasted a lot of time on something that was just going to come down to the whim of their owner, hopefully we will get a creative player of quality in before the window is shut - i still have a glimmer of hope their, else we can look back at this as a serious failure of strengthening the squad in a vital area and start throwing doubts on the entire strategy of transfers this window

Right

Cech - better than when he arrived
Cahill - yep
Lampard - yep
Hazard - yep
Drogba - yep
Ivanovic - yep
Cole - debatable, I'd say yep
Azipicuelta - yep

And seeing as you said

And that's 8 just off the top of my head for a team I have no interest in, I'd say your hyperbole was absolute, unmitigated tripe

Onto ignore you go
. Being ignored by someone who disagrees with me! It's like being married again.

It may look that way but it is too early to say. We just have to wait until tuesday night and then judge.

But I for one am praying, maybe irrationally, that it comes off. This team needs some quality direction and that player looks the biz at a reasonable price.

I too have no faith in Billy Liar and his no-action mates on the Board but for years now we have always failed to have just enough decent players to make a bid for the top but we are closer and now with the Stones chapter over, buying the lad from Ukraine would be the boost the club needs.

Going to wait and see what happens when the deadline is over mate and the window shut myself, right at this moment it does indeed look like we wasted a lot of time on something that was just going to come down to the whim of their owner, hopefully we will get a creative player of quality in before the window is shut - i still have a glimmer of hope their, else we can look back at this as a serious failure of strengthening the squad in a vital area and start throwing doubts on the entire strategy of transfers this window
It's been a disaster if we haven't sorted a playmaker out. The manager reiterated the need for one all summer. If we dont land one (and as much as a supporter of him as I am) my faith in what he says will be undermined severely. He sounds like a man who's backed off from that commitment to bring one in and is preparing the ground for a retreat away for the need for it. He KNOWS we need that type in. Keep Stones by all means, but he shouldn't allow himself to be painted into a corner of having no serious cash to improve the squad, and that's the way it's looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back