Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
51.5hrs to go. :bye:
HURRY UP EBUTOM!
x4AzKwV.gif

If that window slams shut without a creative player coming in it's completely unacceptable. All summer to get a deal sorted out. If someone back in June would have told you there was about 50 hours to go in the transfer window and this hadn't been resolved you wouldn't have believed it...even with the record number of broken promises and balls ups this club has notched up in recent years.

It's that stark an omission at this point.

One of the few times I agree with you Dave haha!

It's mainly because a playmaker is all we are away from having one of the strongest starting XI's (when everyone is fit) in the league.

I had a debate with a few fans on Twitter yesterday who were saying they expected us to spend £30mil net this window.

My point is that the squad doesn't actually need a load of players and lots of spend. It needs quality. I genuinely think we'd be fine with the additions we have +Mori and a creative player - this one is essential. A forward would be brilliant but I think that will only happen if a good deal presents itself.

Lennon, ImO just isn't needed unless we shift McGeady. If take him but he's not essential.

We need to focus on the creative player first and foremost (presuming Mori is done) - even more so now that Clevs is injured and opens up that gap in our midfield where we should play our link-up player.

RM said in May that he wanted 4 players - possibly 5 - for the 1st team squad.

Del
Cleverley
Mori
Playmaker(???)

Plus:
Rodriguez
Holgate
Henen (though we already had him)

A bonus would be another forward. And then Lennon if there are departures.

Seriously best to wait and see here chaps and ladies.

Even the obvious ones like Evans (good work @Ashtonian ) have gone elsewhere for better or worse. Lennon may do the same.

None have a clue if we'll get anyone and even less idea who it could be.

Hold tight blues.
not once have I said we were signing Evans. only if we were selling stones would we have signed him.

I'm saying we are signing januzai. I may he wrong and I hope we sign a better player

Seriously best to wait and see here chaps and ladies.

Even the obvious ones like Evans (good work @Ashtonian ) have gone elsewhere for better or worse. Lennon may do the same.

None have a clue if we'll get anyone and even less idea who it could be.

Hold tight blues.
not once have I said we were signing Evans. only if we were selling stones would we have signed him.

I'm saying we are signing januzai. I may he wrong and I hope we sign a better player

really cant see us buying a playmaker tbh - martinez is too wise to just throw £15m at someone we haven't properly scouted imo.

i just have no faith we actually had backup ideas. any other club would throw a wad of money, way over the odds at anyone and hope they turn out great. i think martinez is more the type to wait until january and try again with the kitty intact.

i thought this was going to be a great window. if dela keeps playing like he did at barnsley then it is not so bad to wait until jan, but i doubt it.

really cant see us buying a playmaker tbh - martinez is too wise to just throw £15m at someone we haven't properly scouted imo.

i just have no faith we actually had backup ideas. any other club would throw a wad of money, way over the odds at anyone and hope they turn out great. i think martinez is more the type to wait until january and try again with the kitty intact.

i thought this was going to be a great window. if dela keeps playing like he did at barnsley then it is not so bad to wait until jan, but i doubt it.
bloody hell mate if he hasn't had enough time to scout a few different players for that position after a whole year then theres an issue.

I didn't say he doesn't put a shift in, but with all due respect, we have enough players who 'put a shift in', what we need is creativity - Honda hasn't provided that at Milan so I see no reason why he'd provide that here.

As for Milan wanting to get rid of him - that's not true - a lot of Milan fans want to get rid of him though.

Please read the entirety of my reply!

Honda is technically great, and works hard too. I think he'd be a great signing for us, and I've long waited for us to sign him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back