Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anybody wouldn't be happy to sign Lennon, we all know what a good job he did last season. It's more a case of Lennon being the only signing, as he's not the player we're in desperate need of at the moment.
I agree, if it was just Lennon it wouldn't be a good end to this window.

There's plenty here that dont rate him though regardless. I cant fathom that. If we want to see a bit of urgency in our play we need to get him back in. Cleverley's injury might force Martinez's hand on that score.

The last days of the transfer window is when Everton spring into action. Such a shame about Yarmolenko but we'll get a top playmaker, announced within the last 2 hours of the window imo.

I have absolutely no faith in what will happen tomorrow. We still haven't actually signed a senior centre back or that attacking midfielder role that we've targetted since early this year. Typically many names have been linked and just as many ruled out.

Bottom line, even if we hold onto Stones, I will be very unhappy if we don't get at least two other players in. Mori still hasn't received clearance and is a gamble anyway. Rodriguez is going straight into ressies with Henen, maybe never to be seen again.

Really hoping for a shock announcement being faxed through at 5pm tomorrow like a Nolito or one that has slipped under the radar. Its all speculation until then.

Slight exaggeration... if I'm being kind.
He got a bomb under us when we were playing the ball very slowly out from the back to zero effect. Him carrying the ball from deep and breaking against the opposition was an option we'd lacked and he gave it to us...and he offered cover down that right flank which allowed Coleman to find form for the first time all last season.

He was crucial to us, and I dont think Martinez will forget that in a hurry. Hopefully Spurs dont try and take the piss on a player they'll get nothing for in a year's time.

I agree, if it was just Lennon it wouldn't be a good end to this window.

There's plenty here that dont rate him though regardless. I cant fathom that. If we want to see a bit of urgency in our play we need to get him back in. Cleverley's injury might force Martinez's hand on that score.
I wonder if Martinez saying the injury wasn't as bad as feared was because he has one eye on this transfer and doesn't want to appear desperate.

I wonder if Martinez saying the injury wasn't as bad as feared was because he has one eye on this transfer and doesn't want to appear desperate.
Possibly. I've thought all summer we'd return for him. Levy surely knows that around £4M is better than nothing. That's what he's faced with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back