Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have some legs. Just popped up on newsnow that he has not travelled. Hope one of the bigger teams in Europe have not tapped him up.

Mo Besic has not travelled with the rest of the Everton squad to Singapore because of injury.

The Blues midfielder suffered a hamstring complaint against Swindon Town in Saturday's opening pre-season friendly and hobbled off after playing just over 20 minutes.

VIEW GALLERY
JS68107164.jpg

Academy player Ryan Ledson has been called up in his place and arrived with the Everton squad at Changi Airport at around 6pm local time.

Roberto Martinez does not believe Besic's injury is too serious but felt it was counter-productive for him to fly to the Far East today.

Besic.jpg

Mirallas not smiling...

SELL THE JUDAS

Not defending the idea of letting a contract run down, but I don't imagine the negotiations are easy! Agents probably make things more complicated.

With three years left to run at a set wage I would imagine the club would face some difficulties in terms of balancing the books if, alongside extending the length of the deal, McCarthy wanted an increased wage. They've budgeted for him to get £x per week for the next three years, now to extend his deal he will want to be paid £y per week over the next three years. I don't blame him, and I don't blame the club - it's just not a simple process AFAICS.
I think it's also got a lot to do with the fact that wages are now exceeding transfer costs for all but the top teams. Signing players to longer and longer contracts and having to increase the wages at each step becomes increasingly more risky.

Anyone heard anything about possible loans for Garbutt (or Oviedo), Galloway or Browning?

Can see Garbutt and Browning going and Galloway staying to provide emergency LB cover and also be our 5th choice CB behind a signing and Gareth Barry, who I believe will now be 4th choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back