Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have some legs.

JS68107164.jpg

*snip

who is the creeper behind Hibbert?

Can see Garbutt and Browning going and Galloway staying to provide emergency LB cover and also be our 5th choice CB behind a signing and Gareth Barry, who I believe will now be 4th choice.

Would you really want Barry at CB given the sharp decline in pace we've seen over the past 12 months? I certainly wouldn't.

There's only so much that positional nous can get you, and given that he's only filled in at CB on occasion through his career; it's not going to be a natural progression.

I think this is another example of our fans overvaluing our players. If our players were really worth these kinds of figures we would be challenging for the league.

Our players are worth what other clubs will pay for them. Not whatever arbitrary figures you deign to place on their heads.

Therefore if a contracted player is wanted elsewhere, the buying club needs to make an offer well in excess of your perceived value to make it a viable sale. Hence average players going at sums you may raise an eyebrow over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back