Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just my opinion but I reckon this window is/was about managing expectations for the board.

Tomorrow I think we'll add Funes Mori and maybe Lennon. I think Mori has probably been officially tied up since Friday but if we announce it tomorrow it will be seen as a "deadline day capture" and therefore appear more exciting. Lennon will probably be met with groans but will actually be useful to the side (especially in the absence of Cleverley).

With Clev, Del, Mori, and Lennon in. Added to keeping McCarthy Mirallas Stones and Garbutt, it's not been a bad window all in all. Not spectacular by any means, but not bad. Especially if one of the youngsters signed (Rodriguez, hennan, holgate) turns out to be decent.

I just hope the board are keeping excess funds to either-
1) bring down the debt, or
2) invest in a new stadium

The main problem is the lack of communication. If Bill came out and said "we're keeping £X to invest in the stadium" or "we've used £X to bring the debt down to £X so next season we can spend without borrowing" I think a lot of people would be disappointed, but we would understand. However, the lack of this communication is what is driving people mad. We only ever get a little 30 second quote from Bill when we've won 4 in a row, or just beaten one of the big boys
Well they're certainly not bringing down the debt since they've took out another loan on future revenue

Well they're certainly not bringing down the debt since they've took out another loan on future revenue
Ah, didn't know that. I guess that makes my argument pretty redundant then. Haha!

Am always amazed how much people on here know about the behind the scenes goings on at the club.

Fair play mate. Fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back