Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mori done

Everton FC will kick-off transfer deadline day by wrapping up a deal to sign Ramiro Funes Mori.

The River Plate defender agreed terms and passed a medical on a £5.5m move to Goodison last week.

But delays in paperwork and securing a work permit for the Argentina international delayed the transfer going through.

However, Everton will officially confirm the 24-year-old’s signing later this morning and hope to follow it up with more business before the 6pm cut off point.

It is understood that Mori will sign a five-year deal with the club.

The Blues did, however, missed out on striking a season-long loan deal for Manchester United midfielder Adnan Januzaj yesterday.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez has been a long-term admirer of Januzaj and wanted the Belgian at Goodison but the 20-year-old signed with German side Borussia Dortmund.

The Everton boss continues to pursue the transfer of a No10 and is also keeping tabs on Aaron Lennon, who enjoyed a five month loan with the Blues last season.

Lennon has made no secret of his desire to return to Merseyside but West Ham United are trying to tie up a season long loan for the Spurs winger.

My optimism is being tested somewhat. I feel like today was our last chance to get a sexy foreign playmaker because clubs from other leagues won't be able to buy a replacement now as their buying window is closed.

Still gonna keep the faith

My optimism is being tested somewhat. I feel like today was our last chance to get a sexy foreign playmaker because clubs from other leagues won't be able to buy a replacement now as their buying window is closed.

Still gonna keep the faith

Prepare to be disappointed

Mori done

Everton FC will kick-off transfer deadline day by wrapping up a deal to sign Ramiro Funes Mori.

The River Plate defender agreed terms and passed a medical on a £5.5m move to Goodison last week.

But delays in paperwork and securing a work permit for the Argentina international delayed the transfer going through.

However, Everton will officially confirm the 24-year-old’s signing later this morning and hope to follow it up with more business before the 6pm cut off point.

It is understood that Mori will sign a five-year deal with the club.

The Blues did, however, missed out on striking a season-long loan deal for Manchester United midfielder Adnan Januzaj yesterday.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez has been a long-term admirer of Januzaj and wanted the Belgian at Goodison but the 20-year-old signed with German side Borussia Dortmund.

The Everton boss continues to pursue the transfer of a No10 and is also keeping tabs on Aaron Lennon, who enjoyed a five month loan with the Blues last season.

Lennon has made no secret of his desire to return to Merseyside but West Ham United are trying to tie up a season long loan for the Spurs winger.
Papers that mate?

I think Martinez will be disappointed after not securing Yarmolenko, and will bring someone boss in tomorrow.

i can see us saving money until january to try and fund a reduced bid for yarmolenko so can't see us splashing out on a playmaker. we definitely need a couple of attackers in though. hopefully a good loan or small fees. if yarmolenko was the number one priority and someone who will apparently be available again in 4 months time i can't see us throwing it all down the drain just yet.

Lennon for 2-3 mil is great, he can play either flank as well. So we'll have Lennon, Mori, Rodriguez, Cleverley, Del, and this playmaker. Now all we need to do is get rid of McGeady and Gibson.

Deulofeu, Cleverley, Rodriguez, Mori all done.
Stones still here, Seamus still here, Mirallas and McCarthy still here.
Lennon possibly (no more than £4 million please) and RM still chasing a couple of others.
If only TC hadn't got injured on Saturday, even with missing out on Yarmolenko, things could have been a lot worse in this window.
Keep the faith Blues, no need yet to fire up the fumometer.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back