Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Martinez has said time and again that he doesnt like buying in the January window as it doesnt provide 'value'. Not only that but Yarmolenko can sign a pre-contract with just about any team in Europe at that point for, most likely, a monstrous signing on fee. The idea that we can get Yarmolenko then really isnt that realistic imo.

possibly. who knows, maybe with them out of the CL by then, yarmolenko would rather move to the prem in jan instead of another half a season in the ukranian league just to hold out for a good signing on fee. let's be honest, footballers these days don't exactly need the extra money - i can't even fathom what they could do with it all.

I think if he's available at 7 or 8 mill, martinez would for sure see it as a value. in about 80% of cases he is right, but this is a bit of a different situation.

Deulofeu, Cleverley, Rodriguez, Mori all done.
Stones still here, Seamus still here, Mirallas and McCarthy still here.
Lennon possibly (no more than £4 million please) and RM still chasing a couple of others.
If only TC hadn't got injured on Saturday, even with missing out on Yarmolenko, things could have been a lot worse in this window.
Keep the faith Blues, no need yet to fire up the fumometer.

Would be interesting to know actually with Rodriguez and Mori. Would people be more confident about them if it was Moyes signing them? In all honesty, I would be.

whilst i do agree, if dela can play like he did vs barnsley more often than not then we won't have too much problems creating chances. ross has started the season off well and playing from deep which is also a massive improvement regarding last season.

if we don't get the playmaker now, we'll just have to accept and hope that we can hang on until january and then we really must bring that player in.
Hmm.. agree and disagree.

Whilst Deulofeu playing like he did against barnsley WOULD make a good difference, it's the lack of option when our wingers aren't creating chances that is a major issue.

Another issue is getting that final ball, in the middle of the park to our striker, which deulofeu cannot do, as he's an explosive winger not a passing type player if you understand me.

I think the playmaker position is one if filled correctly would take us to the next level

i can see us saving money until january to try and fund a reduced bid for yarmolenko so can't see us splashing out on a playmaker. we definitely need a couple of attackers in though. hopefully a good loan or small fees. if yarmolenko was the number one priority and someone who will apparently be available again in 4 months time i can't see us throwing it all down the drain just yet.

We've seen our budgets go from window to window but magically decrease each time though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back