Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have there been any links whatsoever the past week to this playmaker we all crave? Not meaning to flap but we only really have three weeks to sign him.

220px-Playmaker_1994_Film_American_Cover.png

Have there been any links whatsoever the past week to this playmaker we all crave? Not meaning to flap but we only really have three weeks to sign him.

Some Italian papers yesterday were claiming that we'd tabled a bid for Shaqiri. Other than that, not really.

I never said he was creative at the moment but his pass percentage is well over 90% and there's a difference between being able to pass and being able to pass quickly without taking too many extra touches.

He's not known for his dribbling but he is a good dribbler with the ability to glide past players with good close control but he's not a step-over fancy dribbler but he's better than McCarthy and Cleverly.

He's recently been moved back to Busquets' position but that's not originally where Barca intended to play him. To simply right him off as a a CDM is unfair since he has only played a handful of games there.

Arteta started off as a CDM. Just because some players play there at times in their career doesn't mean they need to be pigeon holed but that doesn't even apply to Roberto. He's a proper CM and has played on the left.

I don´t know who you are writing half of that to, because I haven´t mentioned his position, let alone written him off as a CDM.

His profile would be......attacking mid like Iniesta, that was what was intended for him but he has shown no sign of being that type of player since joining the first team squad. His last season was as occasional fill-in for Busquets. But all of that is a bit besides the point, because despite willing him on in every game to make his mark, he hasn´t really done that in any position. Simple easy passes which I don´t think anybody who watched him could describe as "fantastic" despite the accuracy...no dribbling, certainly not enough to bother even mention his dribbling skills, let alone say he is a good dribbler.

He may have all the skills to be a much more impressive footballer, but I am not sure if he will show that at Barça, and he certainly hasn´t up until now. Players there nowadays simply don´t get the time and patience which Xavi and Inesta received in their first few years.

Would you really want Barry at CB given the sharp decline in pace we've seen over the past 12 months? I certainly wouldn't.

There's only so much that positional nous can get you, and given that he's only filled in at CB on occasion through his career; it's not going to be a natural progression.

I'm not saying that's what I want, that was my guess at what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back