Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't a 'cover' CB cost >3M? Dann, Evans, why would they want to warm a bench? why would we want to pay more than 3M for an insurance policy. Surely some up and coming Championship CB or a journeyman the likes of Distin is more the mark?
They have to be able to pass it out from the back. Know what to do when Howard rolls out a suicide pass and three pressing opposition players run towards them.

They have to be able to pass it out from the back. Know what to do when Howard rolls out a suicide pass and three pressing opposition players run towards them.
I note that Howard has cut off that stupid beard...hopefully he'll also cut out those suicide roll-outs

Jagielka has 1, maybe 2 more years left starting for us, and we'll be lucky if we keep Stones for another 2 years. Why are people assuming that any centre back we buy will just be for cover? He might want someone who's good enough to phase out Jags.

Evans is cack mate but the talk is he could be the man
Admit that he isn't the best defender out there but then the best defenders out there are not going to come here and sit on the bench are they ? Lets face it, whoever does come in knows he isn't first choice. I personally think that was actually the deciding factor with Ogbonna in the end and not the location, despite what has been said.

Evans would bring some experience, is still relatively young and would still be hungry to make a career for himself. As said its an upgrade on Alcaraz and Distin who have left. I don't have a problem with him coming in if true myself, but it all depends on the money being spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back