Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Dann- why are people so bothered?

Ok, he's decent and we probably need another CB as cover. But come on!

He's 29 at the start of next year. Palace allegedly want 12mil+ for him. Be real.

He is simply not worth the hassle. We CAN NOT spend that sort of money on a player who won't go straight into our 1st 11 and make us better. We will never see any of the transfer fee back (he'll be too old when we come to sell) and he probably wouldn't play that often anyway so no real benefit to the team. Martinez won't drop Jags (captain) and I wouldn't want Stones being dropped as he will only develope by playing.

I think its great that Dann wants to move back to the north west so that he can pop around to his nan's in the afternoon/on his days off. I also think its great that he'd even be willing to sit on the bench of a team he probably spent his youth despising to be able to make the move he wants so badly.

But for the transfer fee palace would want/the wages Dann would want it would be financially irresponsible for everton to allocate resources this way.

I'd genuinely rather go with Galloway and Browning and cover than sign Dann. Browning is 21 now (I think its sink or swim time) and Galloway is supposed to be the next John Stones. What's the point in having them if we're not even going to use them as cover?

We are going to use them as cover, 1 of them will probably go on loan and after signing a CB we will have 4 for the season, Stones, Jags, +1, Galloway or Browning.

We'll end up with Jonny Evans. Convinced he's coming here after United sign another centre back

I reckon there's also a good chance I'm the only member of the forum who'd be fairly happy with that (assuming a sensible price).

Evans backed to 4/1. Hoping for that it doesn't mean anything, except people putting their money on it. Him for the asked price is ludicrous.

We are going to use them as cover, 1 of them will probably go on loan and after signing a CB we will have 4 for the season, Stones, Jags, +1, Galloway or Browning.

Good point made there. Yes, if 1 went out on loan I suppose we would need cover. Just please not Scott Dann.

Side issue: would love browning to get a full season in the championship on loan. Really see what he's made. That's not for this thread though to I better stop non-transfer talk right now!

Ive been saying for weeks now that he would actually be good signing for us.

He actually ticks more or less all the boxes

He's a left-sided centre back, 27, loads of Premier League experience and he's very comfortable on the ball, which is important to Martinez.

My only real criticism of him is that I've seen him bullied a few times, particularly when he hasn't got a "leader" next to him.

I suppose a naturally left-footed player would have been preferable, but I'm convinced that while he wasn't maybe the first choice, he's the one we'll end up with after other deals are done to make way for it. Based on nothing other than a gut feeling.

Also think he's under-rated, but I reckon I could be in the huge minority on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back