Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly how I think we might be looking to use him. It's why I suggested him at the start of the window for that role. The fact that he hasn't succeeded in playing that role at the best club in the world with an attack 3 of MSN and a new Barca which aims to get the ball to them as fast as possible isn't a reason to discard him for that position. Even Iniesta has been poor by his standards this season playing in that formation.

I think he could be our new play maker but as you've rightly pointed out he's been played in a variety of different positions so it's hard to say anything really about him except just what my own personal opinion is. Feel free to disagree with it but if you think his profile is similar to Iniesta wouldn't that also mean that you also think he's a good dribbler and passer and could play on our left?

I don't even see were you disagree with me since I thought you were righting him off playing further forward except now that perhaps it's because he hasn't made it at Barca. Big deal, neither did Deulofeu and Roberto is far further along that him.

I didn´t "discard" him for any position. Nor did I say that I personally think he is like Iniesta.

I have commented solely on what the kid has done when he has played actual first team football, in response to your weirdly glowing review of a player I have watched live on several occasions and has been average to decent and excel at very little apart from tackling.

That is not to say I don´t think he could be a very good player, I do. Just that your original post to be quite honest sounded like somebody who hadn´t really watched him and was just making an opinion up.

And, I don´t mean this in a smartasss way, but it´s "writing off/Write off" not right off.

This isn't from agents or anything like that, it's from his family, lots of people know them in Liverpool, and he's told them for years if there was a chance to come back to merseyside, either club he would.

That does not mean he's unhappy with being at crystal palace, and the truth is we probably didn't rate him as much as crystal palace did, so there wasn't much chance of doing a deal.

That doesn't mean he wouldnt jump at the chance of coming here though.

He's right though.

Just not convinced. That's all.

I didn´t "discard" him for any position. Nor did I say that I personally think he is like Iniesta.

I have commented solely on what the kid has done when he has played actual first team football, in response to your weirdly glowing review of a player I have watched live on several occasions and has been average to decent and excel at very little apart from tackling.

That is not to say I don´t think he could be a very good player, I do. Just that your original post to be quite honest sounded like somebody who hadn´t really watched him and was just making an opinion up.

And, I don´t mean this in a smartasss way, but it´s "writing off/Write off" not right off.
I know I googled that afterwards because it looked wrong but then for some reason I couldn't edit my post. :blush:

I think the issue is that you are comparing him to a player at Barca and I'm comparing him to a potential player at Everton. But it's good to know that you also think that he has the profile of Iniesta because I was laughed at when I said he could be our play maker at the start of the window.

I know I googled that afterwards because it looked wrong but then for some reason I couldn't edit my post. :blush:

I think the issue is that you are comparing him to a player at Barca and I'm comparing him to a potential player at Everton. But it's good to know that you also think that he has the profile of Iniesta because I was laughed at when I said he could be our play maker at the start of the window.

I don´t think that. He has shown zero to suggest that. By profile I meant how he was seen when coming through the youth teams, he was thought of as an Iniesta type. However, as mentioned before he has shown none of that side to his game if he does actually have it.

I don´t think that. He has shown zero to suggest that. By profile I meant how he was seen when coming through the youth teams, he was thought of as an Iniesta type. However, as mentioned before he has shown none of that side to his game if he does actually have it.
I didn't know he was seen as an Iniesta type player coming through, I thought he was considered more a Xavi type player coming through.

It's personal opinion and that's my point. I thought he looked more an Iniesta type player which is encouraging if that's how his coaches thought of him too.

With Mo injured (how serious?) looking at the pre-flight team photo we looked a little 'lightweight' perhaps that's why in the second half Barry started playing 'clumsy' as McCarthy had seen his 45mins. Should we be thinking about someone with a little more steeliness in the Middle, or a couple of injuries could leave us with a pairing of Osman and Barkley ?????
Just a thought...
Sensible thought too.
Barry won't last much longer. But I would rather we got a keeper and a more forward midfield player first.

No wonder Scott Dan signed a new contract, 5 years at 60k a week, and palace also wanted 12 million for him, he would have cost to much, was we really in for him or a rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back