Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we have rejected a naismith sale it is because we can't replace him. I am sure martinez would sell up for that price if we could sign someone else in.

We aren't signing this creative player, so naismith covers that role in the squad.....sadly

The fact we are even discussing these players in the same sentence is what is wrong with Martinez. Naismith is a backup striker, we needed an Arteta type, they are nowhere near the same player. Roberto is seemingly of the opinion that Cleverley Kone Naismith Barkley can all do what this 'creative player' we needed would do. It's a waste of their skills being shoehorned into these positions and it means we have a great squad but a very poor team. Round pegs in round holes please Roberto.

One other thing, all these people piping up about Mirallas/Deulofeu not getting games they need to remember that they're not fully fit - missed most of pre season and first few games.

Lennon will be a good addition
They were fit in pre-season before Del's injury and all of Deulofeu's first season. He very rarely plays them unless we are down.

We couldn't let him go now as it's too late. But we definitely should have sold him earlier.

It ISNT too late when we're talking about Nausmith. He offers nothing, and we'd not be selling ourselves short if we let him go now.

I say again, he's nowhere near good enough and offers nothing to make any significant impact on the pitch.

The valuation that there asking for him with 2 days of the window left I meant. If your bidding for a teams best player 2 days before the window closes then you've got to be prepared to pay more than expected.

Don't believe everything you read in the papers. We did everything they asked for, and then some.

We would've accepted that money for Naismith if they came in earlier, and with hardly any time for a replacement to come in; perfectly understandable.

i just can't believe we haven't taken advantage of someone offering us actual money for a terrible player.

according to ssn, norwich are going back for him though.

Their manager, Alex Neil is also his mate.

The wrong ins, and there should have been outs, indeed there was with Distin Alcaraz and Atsu leaving. As far as I can see we've replaced two of them and added a centre mid we didn't need and could well add a winger we also don't need. Spending money yes, keeping players yes, improving the squad yes, filling the glaring weaknesses in the first 11? No.

I agree to a point. But I personally think, if he didn't fill the position he just sticks with Barkley sink or swim and let's the kid develop.

I don't mind that.

If wed bought Yarmalenko - a winger- would people be complaining we never got a number 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back