Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd let Naismith go on free. Not even joking.

He's miles away from what we need. He slows every attack, is mentally 3 steps behind play and overall is garbage.

Every time he comes on I feel like crying. When he starts I bathe with the toaster.

naismith tries really hard and is by all accounts a decent human. his main football skill is falling over and either winning cheap fouls or having the ball miraculously bounce off him at a favourable angle. 8? i would sell him for half that. naismith is eminently replaceable.

Eight million pounds for Steven Naismith and people actually wouldn't take it. Our club makes me sick

I'd snap there hands off, also he came out and said he needs regular footy to keep his Scotland place. So if Martinez has bought Deulofeu and Lennon to actually play them then Naismith won't get a sniff. Feel a bit sorry for him really.

I actually more or less like Naismith, but even still i would say take the 8 million IF i thought it would be reinvested properly in the club. Since i have cause to doubt that am not gutted we turned it down.

That said, seems as though we need to be rid of someone...... (looking at you Aiden)

I don't understand how we can afford to pay £9.5 million for Funes Mori yet won't pay £12 million for Shaqiri as Martinez has stated he wanted a no.10

because we were saving our money for yarmolenko ... our number 1 target.

just read someone say inter confirmed only stoke were interested in shaqiri so that may tell most of the story!

The fact we are even discussing these players in the same sentence is what is wrong with Martinez. Naismith is a backup striker, we needed an Arteta type, they are nowhere near the same player. Roberto is seemingly of the opinion that Cleverley Kone Naismith Barkley can all do what this 'creative player' we needed would do. It's a waste of their skills being shoehorned into these positions and it means we have a great squad but a very poor team. Round pegs in round holes please Roberto.
It's the issue I have with Martinez too. He plays a style that forces defenses to defend deep because we don't take any risks with posession by not playing forward early. Because teams defend deep we need a player with guile to break them down. He thinks Luakaku, Barkley and Naismith are the kind of players that can do that. I'm I the only one that sees the flaw in his plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back