Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not the lack of signings that gets me. Its the lies. Why, please someone tell me why, yesterday Martinez 'promised two attacking players' before the window shuts?

Just like his chairman, a lying sack of s***. Don't say those things, don't promise anything you can not guarantee.

Even if we have pulled off the deal for Lennon (unlikely) what an underwhelming issue this whole transfer window has been. We have lost one signing for the best part of a 1/4 of the season due to injury, Everton that. Lennon was here before, ok but not great, Deulofeu he never plays him so what's the effin point? Mori? Rodriguez? Yah, salivating at our prospects here.

Mediocre window.

We didn't get the playmaker we need, but we are stronger than we were when we went into it. We seem to be signing for the future at the expense of the present though, which is disappointing.

Del was great business. Cleverly looks like he'll be useful, we didn't sell anyone (although I would have snapped someone's hand off for Naismith at £8 million). We replaced Distin and Alcaraz with a total unknown, so that at the very least is sideways (assuming you can't be worse than those two were last season).

Lennon gives us a hard worker that may make things happen when we're having an off day, assuming that goes through.

We absolutely needed a playmaker though - someone to force Roberto to push Barkley back deeper against the lower half teams. It cannot be considered a good window without buying that, especially when it was so clearly required and Martinez has said as much.

It's disappointing, but definitely not the worst window we've had.

Rather than calling me a name I'd prefer it if you'd put a counter argument against my statement to open up debate.

Kinda petty tbh mate

What additions to the squad will shift us from 11th upwards...

Gerry? Lets move barnsley aside, he will not have that much space and time in the prem.

Cleverley - replaces an ageing ossie...yes he has been good but missing now for 3 months but like for like replacenent for ageing squad members.

Lost 2 experienced centre halfs... mori totally unproven and i bet my mortgage the fee will not be 9.5 ....

Rodrigrez..... another body that will slot in to the u21

Please explain to me how keeping exsisting squad players is progress?
What does extending contracts bring to the pitch....they are the same players that finished last year...

Our team is bare....losing baines and cleverley is fact of this, we needed new established talent to push on, yes we will do better than last year but teams around us will do better as they have strengthened well...

I am gobsmacked that any supporter cannot see what we need... the manager quoted we need a ten as long as march back....hevfailed to deliver, this is the player we really really needed

The Naismith one is simple. They bid that in June he's gone.

Possibly gone on deadline day if Clevs wasn't injured?

I like Naismith but 8m even without an IN to cover would have really given me pause.

RM disliking the Jan window is likely another factor -- a lot would have taken the 8 and looked to buy in Jan.

I like Lennon, he's direct, got loads of pace and works hard for the team. However do we actually even need him? Is he taking minutes away from Deulofeu?

We have to hope that now we have multiple option on the wing we actually start playing two of them. Bringing in both Deulofeu and Lennon and then sticking Kone, Naismith and Cleverley on the wings instead is utter madness.

Couldn't agree more. Money wasted on Lennon. Especial as mcgeady stayed

mWl2qXQ.jpg

Martinezx said 2 attacking signings? Since then we hve signed Rodriguez? and then Lennon will make that 2. He's already said he doesn't see Rodriguez needing any time with the u21's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back