Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could very well be either mate, a bit like Mirallas signed for us over Arsenal.

Only speculation as well, but he may want to move to a club that is in the prem to effectively showcase him for what apparently is his dream move to Barca, and for that game time is ultra important as is being the focal point of that team - at Arsenal that ain't gonna happen for example

Spurs
The RS
Arsenal

All sadly more attractive options than us - will offer much better wages and are closer to the CL places. Owners willing to see the club spend cash. Players do not care about club history; they care about where the club is going. The RS might even be as far from the CL places as us but they're spending truckloads every year and players see that as ambition.

(not advocating huge net spends so don't twist my words, just giving examples)

Well, FWIW, my source is in here tonight, unexpectedly I must admit, so maybe we will get an informed opinion on this.

As an aside, he has tonight helped a blue on here make contact with an old mate in Kiev, who he hasnt spoken to in 15 years ffs!

Point is mate that we shouldn't have to sell Stones to get £30m to invest. We received eighty million in TV money last season. We've seen, at a huge push, fifteen million of it. Likely less than ten.
Exactly right. However we are in reality governed by carpet baggers so selling players is still part and parcel of any successful transfer window...as has just been amply demonstrated.

That's like throwing bricks at dogs tied to lampposts all day but saying, i didn't throw a brick at that jack russell tied on goodison road.

It isn't though - if you read the Funes Mori thread I said he'd be a cult hero for us due to his attitude and I said I can't judge the player as I've never seen him play ever.

All I was saying was that Henry has never seen him play in my opinion. You've put a negative spin on my comment when one wasn't there, except as directed at Henry.

Monday left me broken
Tuesday I was through with hoping
Wednesday my empty arms were open
Thursday waiting for Yarm, waiting for Yarm
Thank the stars it's January
I'm burning like a fire gone wild in January
Guess I won't be coming to church on Sunday
I'll be waiting for Yarm, waiting for Yarm
To sign for us.

Sorry mate I was under the impression that nothing but the best was good enough.

I want the board to stop loaning next season's money for today. I want the board to stop loaning to repay loans.

West Bromwich Albion did not sell Berahino and have spent thirty million. West Brom. They've brought in players that they need. I'm not demanding that we burst into a metaphorical strip club filled with footballers and start stuffing notes down their shirts, I'm demanding that Martinez is giving the funding that he requires to get the squad to an acceptable position. We missed out on a number 10. Martinez has said that a number 10 was his absolute priority target and has been saying it for weeks. We have had weeks to buy one. We have failed in buying one because Martinez is not giving a fair share of the disgustingly ludicrous TV and sponsorship deal.
Great motto and one I grew up actually watching Everton fulfil which I am proud of, but unfortunately it is just sentiment these days!

Again do you think I would not want all of the above? Of course I would, yet you (and others) have not given a realistic alternative to our woes.

The real issue is that we have people on our board who are not football fans like you and I; that's something that people too easily forget.

Ideally they would sell up entirely at an affordable price so that some oligarch would build us. If not, at a minimum put lots of their own money in.

But why would they do that? It is the sad situation that due to mismanagement lasting twenty plus years that we are where we are...

A club that isn't a viable option for external capital investment (due to a number of reasons) and are relying on slow investment before they sell.

It's now that I am happy with the status quo - far from it! I just do not see how ranting will positively change the situation.

On another note...

Is it the board or is it Martinez? Everyone is stating the former, but it is just speculation. He happily spunked £9.5m on an unknown defender.

Could that not have been spent on bringing the pivotal number ten if money was available? I don't know and neither do you - that's the point.

Monday left me broken
Tuesday I was through with hoping
Wednesday my empty arms were open
Thursday waiting for Yarm, waiting for Yarm
Thank the stars it's January
I'm burning like a fire gone wild in January
Guess I won't be coming to church on Sunday
I'll be waiting for Yarm, waiting for Yarm
To sign for us.

Craig David has lost it

It isn't though - if you read the Funes Mori thread I said he'd be a cult hero for us due to his attitude and I said I can't judge the player as I've never seen him play ever.

All I was saying was that Henry has never seen him play in my opinion. You've put a negative spin on my comment when one wasn't there, except as directed at Henry.
I'm not talking about Funes Mori, if you read my comment, you'd know i said, you've been polluting this forum with your negativity all day. You're a bad apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back