Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mcgeady stays then the signing 2 players comment doesn't look too bad as assuming one is CB cover we have a chance of the other being that elusive creative midfielder we are craving.

Although it's depressing knowing we go into the season with not only Howard in goal but also Kone as our back up striker to Rom. Regarding Lennon the more you think about it the more you think he won't be returning, I can't see the lad being happy to be sat on the bench otherwise he would just stay at Spurs.

Naisy can cover Lukaku too...and even Mirallas

I liked him at Sevilla and he's getting some good reviews in Serie A. A decent winger who could play as a "10" as well. Could be worth a punt, certainly miles better than Irish Messi.

I can't remember ever seeing him play for Sevilla, but Genoa are sort of my adopted 2nd team (along with Darmstadt in Germany) and Perotti was absolutely excellent last season. Played pretty much exclusively on the left (right footed), so couldn't really comment on whether he's capable of playing through the middle

If Mcgeady stays then the signing 2 players comment doesn't look too bad as assuming one is CB cover we have a chance of the other being that elusive creative midfielder we are craving.

Although it's depressing knowing we go into the season with not only Howard in goal but also Kone as our back up striker to Rom. Regarding Lennon the more you think about it the more you think he won't be returning, I can't see the lad being happy to be sat on the bench otherwise he would just stay at Spurs.
He would be 3rd choice winger. What's the chance the Deulofeu and Mirallas will play every game. I'm sure over the season they will combined miss at least 10 or 15 games. Then there's also the cups and sub appearaces. He will also get games when either are out of form or against certain opposition. In the end he will probably play as many games as they will. At Spurs he won't play at all.

I just don't think he's coming because it looks like we're keeping McGeady so unless Mirallas leaves there's no room in the squad.

tbh naismiths one of the few i'd like to see us move on, get some alright money for him and just invest it somewhere else.

Understand he offers a good work rate, but his technical ability is very poor and isn't improving.

Better options out there for us i feel.
Sell him and Kone and buy a decent backup striker. Well one can dream.

tbh naismiths one of the few i'd like to see us move on, get some alright money for him and just invest it somewhere else.

Understand he offers a good work rate, but his technical ability is very poor and isn't improving.

Better options out there for us i feel.
Agree with this, I wouldn't miss him too much. Top bloke, but he isn't a very good footballer. If we could get 7m for Jela and 6m for Big Vic, we should definitely be able to get something similar for Naismith.

Do you seem to know our accounts. Is there not a chance that they are bringing our wage bill down and not spending on transfers because they need to use the money for a stadium? Surely the debt is not an issue at the moment since most of it is long term.
the wage bill won't be going down (in cash flow terms or as % of revenue). I am not privy to EFC accounts but I can predict that outcome with high certitude. Debt per se is not an issue any more, last years net sales of 25 million brought that back well under control. And remember, the (P/L item) player amortisations of 20 million/year are non cash items...effectively 70% of this constitutes RM's transfer budget .
Bottom line: we will make an EBIT (ie post depreciation/amortisation) of around 5 million in the year to May 2015.
Going forward, the extra TV money will be an inflationary chimera. I advocate prudence. As a club, we have been around a long time, long may that continue.

...RM might genuinely think he's got a bumper crop of youngsters coming through in the next few seasons. It's very rare and could be a gamble but it can happen.
Or going off what usually is the case, we dont have much money again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back