Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most agree we need 3 players. A cover center half who can at the least push stones and jag for their places. A proven decent striker because we have only 1 and most teams challenging for anything have 3. A number 10 if possible but we won't have the cash for a striker and number 10 so I m in for a striker and hopefully barkley can do something off the front man because where else is our great hope gonna fit in. We wint need a At the end of it we will only get a

Ya we won't need another winger as it looks like mcgeady is staying. We very rarely play with 2 out and out wingers anyway as Roberto seems to think Osman or naismith out wide fits his system better. We also still have pienaar. So if mirrallas stays that's 3 wingers for 1 to start and 1 to be brought on with 15 mins to go. That's the way he works it.

Bet we won't get a number 10. They too pricey for any bit of decent gear and decent gear want to play champs league.

We do need a front man. Kone has nothing . Might have been alright number of years back but injury has finished him greatest waste of 6 million ever.

We will get a center half. Hopefully we won't spend our budget on that as I would only see him as cover. He's not going to drop our captain and Stones deserves to start and will only improve with experience.

Anybody have any idea how much we have supposed in the kitty
The rumor was 15m at the start of the window. We've spent 4m.

So 5m each for a CB and 6m for Lennon.
Or sell McGeady for 4m and 9m for a CB and 6m for Lennon and that's us done.

It was fun all those shouts of Mertens and Shaqiri but we all knew they were poop and the above was always the way it would pan out. Now the only think that can avert my fume is an announcement on the stadium.

Question for me is who are we selling this window?

If we didnt sell a first team player this summer then i think the board would deserve a tiny bit of credit, simply because it allows Martinez to build. We might not be spending millions but fairs fair in that scenario.

But i dont think we will go without selling to be honest and i think we can all highlight who are the most likeley candidates. But if we go without selling then that has to be some sort of bench mark for the club going forward that martinez has to adhere to.

...RM might genuinely think he's got a bumper crop of youngsters coming through in the next few seasons. It's very rare and could be a gamble but it can happen.

Last time that probably happened was Leeds under O'Leary with Kewell, Woodgate, Smith, McPhail, Harte & Robinson all playing regularly. Added young quality with Ferdinand, Keane, along with the experience of Radebe, Kelly, Batty & Viduka
Then they ruined it by buying Huckerby, Wilcox etc for stupid money.
Then there was West Ham with Ferdinand, Carrick, Cole, Defoe & Lampard, not as successful as the experience they had around them was tosh like Ruddock & Shaka Hislop.
Then the epitome of that was the class of 92 Scholes, Giggs, Butt, Beckham, the Nevilles and errrrr Robbie Savage.
They had Cantona, Bruce Pallister, Keane & Schmeichel to help them through.

Our lot we have with Stones, Barkley, Lukaku, Deulofeu and hopefully Kenny, Ledson, Henen, Walsh do we have enough of those Radebe's & Cantona's & less of them Ruddocks in our team to help them along

Why is everyone complaining? We have the best squad since the 80s. It's just a shame that it's on a par with the likes of Southampton, Swansea and Stoke, all of which finished above us last year.

How can Martinez be happy with the squad we've got? We finished mid table. Surely that proved how far behind the top teams we actually are? I'm not denying there's a few tidy additions (del and clev) and some talented youngsters, but will that bridge the gap?

Of course it won't. We need to bring in one or two world class players or Internationals at least. Same again next season folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back