Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is correct. however it has increased (as impending accounts will, I postulate, reveal) in the 2015 year by another 6% (on static revenue). And yes we are, prima facie, on better financial footing than we have been in years. But that is not a competitive advantage; all the PL teams are on currently sounder footings.
And think of the TV money as a mass sugar rush....and, going forward beyond the 5 year sugar high, the non sugar daddy clubs should heed well fiscal prudence and avoid living beyond their (temporary sugar 'high' ) means. Financial reality is a bitch with a lot of gravity. Ask Greece

The increased funding in the English game means that we are no better off compared to other premiership teams but a lot better off compared to teams in most other footballing countries which allows us to sign better players from abroad. There is an enormous supply worldwide of talented youngsters, so it is the club that is best at spotting young talent that will succeed.

That is probably not good news for developing home grown talent.

The fact remains that Everton(and I am only concerned with Everton) is now a prosperous club and our level of debt is really no longer a factor.

The lack of a modern ground and an almost complete failure to develop and milk the Everton brand...now those are issues.

I love Naismith's attitude and personality, but personality and attitude don't score many goals. He's the type of player who's always just going to be "pretty good," no matter what league he's in. We should probably move him on.
Exactly, i applaud how hes turned everyones opinion of him round, and i actually quite like him now, but as a footballer hes toilet. Hes a decent finsher and works hard but he can barely make a 5 yard pass. His stock is as high as its going to be, try and cash in instaed of keeping him on too long and making no money on him in a few years time

Last time that probably happened was Leeds under O'Leary with Kewell, Woodgate, Smith, McPhail, Harte & Robinson all playing regularly. Added young quality with Ferdinand, Keane, along with the experience of Radebe, Kelly, Batty & Viduka
Then they ruined it by buying Huckerby, Wilcox etc for stupid money.
Then there was West Ham with Ferdinand, Carrick, Cole, Defoe & Lampard, not as successful as the experience they had around them was tosh like Ruddock & Shaka Hislop.
Then the epitome of that was the class of 92 Scholes, Giggs, Butt, Beckham, the Nevilles and errrrr Robbie Savage.
They had Cantona, Bruce Pallister, Keane & Schmeichel to help them through.

Our lot we have with Stones, Barkley, Lukaku, Deulofeu and hopefully Kenny, Ledson, Henen, Walsh do we have enough of those Radebe's & Cantona's & less of them Ruddocks in our team to help them along

....West Ham and Man Utd won the Youth Cup, can often be a good indicator although our youngsters might be across a few age groups.

Why is everyone complaining? We have the best squad since the 80s. It's just a shame that it's on a par with the likes of Southampton, Swansea and Stoke, all of which finished above us last year.
Lighten up will you. We definitely have better squads than the 3 teams you mentioned.

Try being positive once in a while, you might like it.

I agree we would need new striker but it's only after CB and creative CM.
1.CB
2.#10
3.striker/keeper

So it's not exactly a priority.
I think we need a new striker above all else. Before Swindon I would have agreed and in fact I thought give Kone a chance. But Swindon were bloody awful and we could barley create a chance with Kone and Naismith. The thought of relying on one of those two if Rom is injured scares me more than not having a backup CB and having to play Browning or not getting a No 10 who I don't think we're going to get anyway.

Why is everyone complaining? We have the best squad since the 80s. It's just a shame that it's on a par with the likes of Southampton, Swansea and Stoke, all of which finished above us last year.

Shame the manager is naff.

cahill had a lot more talent and scored more for us, so don't see how that works.

Cahill averaged 8 goals a season, Naismith with a crap start and being played out of position in his first season averages 7 while being used as a sub a lot more.

There's very little difference between the two, right down to their arial ability and wind up antics. The only difference is Naismith has been prolific against the RS and told everyone how much he loves the club.

....West Ham and Man Utd won the Youth Cup, can often be a good indicator although our youngsters might be across a few age groups.
That doesn't mean much. The vast majority of them won't make it and you win things by having the best "team".

What you need to find is one diamond to make it hopefully every season. Not a youth team of really good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back