Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you keep mentioning RW?

RW -- Deulofeu
LW -- Mirallas (if he stays)

McGeady - useless
Pienaar - Cant be relied upon

Alot depends on Mirallas staying but we definitely need to ship out McGeady and should sign another wide player, possibly this is where the playmaker will be.

He's not a priority now though surely? We have Deulofeu, McGeady and Mirallas as right wing options, whilst Pienaar, Oviedo, Cleverley and Osman can all cover the left midfield role.

Hardly struggling for options out wide.

We are struggling badly though for options at centre half, striker and play maker.

We clearly haven't got money dropping out of our rear end so I'd be pretty cheesed off if he ignored those positions and then went and spent 5+ million on another right winger!

If he does that then he's seriously lost the plot.

Cahill could also pass to our own players, not just score.

Good figures thats why we should try to cash in, he does slot but his play is to the detriment of the team. He can barely pass a ball

in his third season he played 18 games in the league, naismith played 30.

Cahill could also, pass, he was much better technically (even though he wasn't that good technically in the first place)

and the fact he could score any type of goal where as naismith can only score one.

If you actually think Naismith is any where near close to Cahill in terms of ability you need your head testing.

Naismith is Cahill lite.

Hate to break it to you boys but the pastings stats are very close as well, which considering how our styles more based on controlled passing now looks better for Naismith.

I genuinely believe that the manager wants to have a look at how his squad is performing before he invests more money in players.

We have seen Cleverley and Deulofeu added and we know that Garbutt, Browning, Galloway, Kenny , Ledson and Williams are all away with the first team squad so they must not be too far from consideration.

The manager has looked at players like Dann and Ogbonna but we don't know how hard he pursued them them.

Before spending more money I think he may want to see where the biggest gaps in his squad are now.
In preseason I think we will see a lot of Browning, I think we may see Deulofeu get a run in the miidle, we will see Kenny get some experience and possibly Ledson get a chance as well.

Naismith did give us this though
64westham0212a.jpg

Hate to break it to you boys but the pastings stats are very close as well, which considering how our styles more based on controlled passing now looks better for Naismith.
Asume you meant passing.

And the passing was one of cahills weaker points so no point comparing. When you watch a game and see naimsith put the ball out under no pressure, or misplace a 5 yard pass that tells you all you need to know.

If Cahill had similar passing stats in a team which was less focussed on short passing, doesn't it stand to reason he would have higher passing stats in a team in which passing is more important?

Cahill on average scored more goals in league alone than Naismith did in all competitions.. but you're ignoring that.

He averaged 8 goals a season playing as our main goal threat the vast majority of the time, Naismith averages 7 while not being a key component of the team.

Just face it we'd be daft to get rid of a player of his ability, it's not going to happen and we'd be worse off if we did.

If Cahill had similar passing stats in a team which was less focussed on short passing, doesn't it stand to reason he would have higher passing stats in a team in which passing is more important?

He passed it less so had less room for error, consider there's only a 2% difference and Naismith is asked to work the ball more I'd suggest its him with the better quality of passing.

You also defended Howard all through the season, no matter how stupid his mistakes were, so let's me just agree with you, Naismith is the albino Cahill.

No doubt when Naismith will move on from us, he is going to go to some glamorous league playing alongside footballers of Thiery Henry caliber, and not to Glasgow Rangers. No way he will do that. No way.

I am not against Naismith, he can be useful sometimes, but he's not on Cahill's level. They're similar, except Cahill was a lot better.

You must be on a wind up surely or incredibly negative....what you're writing just doesnt make any sense.

The rumor was 15m at the start of the window. We've spent 4m.

So 5m each for a CB and 6m for Lennon.
Or sell McGeady for 4m and 9m for a CB and 6m for Lennon and that's us done.

It was fun all those shouts of Mertens and Shaqiri but we all knew they were poop and the above was always the way it would pan out. Now the only think that can avert my fume is an announcement on the stadium.

He averaged 8 goals a season playing as our main goal threat the vast majority of the time, Naismith averages 7 while not being a key component of the team.

Just face it we'd be daft to get rid of a player of his ability, it's not going to happen and we'd be worse off if we did.
It wouldn't though, because unlike cahill, naismith isn't very good.. at nearly everything but 'working hard' and scoring tap ins.

Naismith will never, could never and has never scored goals like cahill could, nor would he be as big a player for us than cahill was, cahill would drag us back into games, naismith will sometimes score some goals.

The only daft thing here is you thinking he's even close to cahill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back