Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunderland have outbid us for the Belgian Centreback according to sources in the north east.

That's West Ham, Crystal Palace and now Sunderland who have stopped us getting our target defenders.

Evertonians seem to be a pessimistic group by nature.
Every other club that spends money buying unproven players for huge sums are seen to be passing us out...even though history has shown us that this simply hasn't happened. Some of these new generation teams are plying their trade in the championship and have even recently played in the dizzy heights of League 1.

Likewise , for all the lip service paid about the talent in our squad, it isn't really believed as we are constantly told we need any number of new players the only exception probably being left back.
Other clubs seem to rate our players more highly than some of our own supporters.
Baines, Stones, Jagielka, Lukaku, Mirallas,McCarthy, Besic,Barkley and Coleman are players that most other premiership clubs would dearly love to have in their squad. Those players listed surely form the basis of a team that could compete with most.

I think we need two.
A centreback to add depth to Jagielka, Stones and Browning.
A creative attacking central midfielder as last season at times we lacked a creative spark to unlock teams that defended deep against us.

Every other club that spends money buying unproven players for huge sums are seen to be passing us out...even though history has shown us that this simply hasn't happened. Some of these new generation teams are plying their trade in the championship and have even recently played in the dizzy heights of League 1.

Likewise , for all the lip service paid about the talent in our squad, it isn't really believed as we are constantly told we need any number of new players the only exception probably being left back.
Other clubs seem to rate our players more highly than some of our own supporters.
Baines, Stones, Jagielka, Lukaku, Mirallas,McCarthy, Besic,Barkley and Coleman are players that most other premiership clubs would dearly love to have in their squad. Those players listed surely form the basis of a team that could compete with most.

I think we need two.
A creative attacking central midfielder as last season at times we lacked a creative spark to unlock teams that defended deep against us.
And if Lukaku gets injured or doesn't find his premier league form like last season with just 10 goals?

I think we need two.

Mate.............................you have just saved me 20 minutes of my life so I don't have to write the same thing, bar id have awful spelling and start rabbiting on about how sky turned everyone into a cash = success model

E.g QPR every year they get promoted
Norwich when they went down
Southampton paid 14mil for Shane Long
Spurs/Liverpool after Bale/Saurez sales

Wanna go on a date and discuss further?

Signing Deulofeu is a great start and I'm made up he's back especially for the price we have paid. However we have to accept that at his age he's going to have a fair few bad games and frustrate the crowd. When he's on he's going to give most left backs in the league a very hard game as well as stop them from pushing up.

Our problem is having another creative outlet in the team who is going to unlock the same teams who sat back against last year and watched us fanny about with the ball and then hit us on the counter. Barkley is just as likely to impress as he is to underwhelm so for me what we are missing currently is a playmaker.

If the rumoured 15m budget is real then quite simply that isn't enough to compete.

I think considering some of our past transfer windows it's fine for people to be negative and pessimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back