Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant see barry being dropped (he should but wont)

i also like the line up ..

.........howard
coleman stones jags baines
..mccarthy barkley cleverley
deulofeu...lukaku...mirallas

but with the lack of quality new signings , thats an injury away from disaster apart from midfield.

Barry will play half the games he did last season I reckon.

Hibbert, McGeady, Naismith, Kone

The manager doesn't have the funds to replace them more like. They're there in case there's an injury. If we buy better that weakens the first 11.

I don't think Martinez ever expected Alcaraz to play in such an important game. We weren't exactly lucky last season.

Stones was fit mate, he made the decision to play Alcaraz - probably due to Stones being sent off in a previous game - backfired massively and was too stubborn to admit it afterwards - still remember him saying he had a good game lol

Without Hibbert - chances are Browning would have played a bit more which wuld have been a good thing tbh, without Kone we would have missed his goals for sure, could have had a traffic cone out their and no noticed the difference, McGeady done absolutely nothing and Naismith fundamentally breaks down anything he gets near mate, none of them would get a sniff of being in any of the 6 teams we are effectively trying to finish above to get into europe

Stones was fit mate, he made the decision to play Alcaraz - probably due to Stones being sent off in a previous game - backfired massively and was too stubborn to admit it afterwards - still remember him saying he had a good game lol

Without Hibbert - chances are Browning would have played a bit more which wuld have been a good thing tbh, without Kone we would have missed his goals for sure, could have had a traffic cone out their and no noticed the difference, McGeady done absolutely nothing and Naismith fundamentally breaks down anything he gets near mate, none of them would get a sniff of being in any of the 6 teams we are effectively trying to finish above to get into europe
He wasn't 100% fit and unfortunately the game before Alcaraz had his best game for us plus the sending off. However remember he still expected Distin to be No1 at the start of the season. Stones was already the backup and Alcaraz was 4th choice.

I'm not disagreeing with you but we just don't have their money.

would you want them all replacing though now?

Every time that replaces players en masse struggles to get them all to adapt. sunderland/qpr/spurs/liverpool to name a few. So is it not better to keep the back up and let them see out their contracts each year and replace that way?

Hibbert could be replaced by browning mate already, Kone by ANYONE, Naismith frankly is rubbish - hard-working and tries but god his skills are lacking and getting him in the team last season often meant shifting someone else out of position, McGeady done absolutely nothing and terrible though he was Atsu could have done exactly the same nothing as McGeady did

Fair point about the other teams listed mate, difference being with those your talking about trying to integrate 4,5,6 or more 'starting' 11 players, not backups, which is what all 4 of the ones i mentioned strictly are in theory anyway.

McGeady, Kone and Naismith we could probably move on and bring in around 2m, 2m and 6m respectively mate being not overly generous with fee's, when you've got the likes of 'apparently' Mertens and Shaqiri available for 12m or so and who would improve the starting 11 by no small margin its madness to let them see their contracts out and take game time of players who are the least would do no worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back