Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browning is looking good and it's obvious Martinez is after another CB. If Deulofeu or Mirallas is injured we could play a different formation or even McGeady, he's not great but he can do a job for a few games.

It's the striker department I'm worried about most. If Rom is injured we literally can't score. They couldn't even score against an awful Swindon team that were playing as open as I've seen any team play against us.

agreed.
i may be biased , but i think our best 11 is as good as any. i honestly think that.
and for the want of shipping 2 or 3 out and getting 2 or 3 in , our depth could be strong enough to really push for top 4.

we are so close to an almost complete article , defensive cover and striking alternative. less importantly but needed a winger cover and a playmaker.

Browning is looking good and it's obvious Martinez is after another CB. If Deulofeu or Mirallas is injured we could play a different formation or even McGeady, he's not great but he can do a job for a few games.

It's the striker department I'm worried about most. If Rom is injured we literally can't score. They couldn't even score against an awful Swindon team that were playing as open as I've seen any team play against us.

That is a line that bugs me everytime i hear it about numerous players, its a codeword for 'he's utterly [Poor language removed], not fit to wear the shirt, but we have no one else'

Howard can do a job for us, Hibbert, McGeady, Naismith, Kone, they can all do a job for us, Barry done a job for us every game last season as did Osman the season before, utter rubbish, players doing a job for us is why we will win absolutely nothing, managers too gutless to cut the dead wood from the squad

Not to mention Alcaraz, done a fantastic job for us, ensured we stayed clear of a relegation fight by almost single handedly seeing to it we had no more of those pesky annoying European games

Last edited:
i still dont think any of our issues from last season have been addressed tbh.
what we gain in signing deulofeu , we lose in not having lennon and having to rely on mcgeady , a player who was bang average. am i expected to beleive he is going to be 50% more of a player this season ?

cleverley . did we even need him ? i fail to see how he improves our chances of fielding a better 11 than we could last year , winning games or finishing higher up the table.

the same argument i put about mcgeady can also be used against hibbert pienaar osman naismith and kone . hibbert is less of an issue with a few youngsters coming through. also atleast pienaar actually has some talent , the others though ? are they really going to be that much better as players this season ? the majority of them im fine to have as fringe players , used in an emergency. but mcgeady kone and naismith are literally our second string ...... thats not good enough.

if we get an injury to lukaku mirallas or either stones or jags , its game over imo.

also , yes our midfield looks strong in names. but there is only 2 forward passers in the whole bunch. besic , who plays a back up plan to robertos love in with barry and mccarthy , and gibson , who is a crock. nobody can tell me cleverly is the player who will make up this productive passing void. i believe he will be played instead of barkley or as a very poor unproductive left sided midfeilder. even if he is played further back in midfeild in place of barry and mccarthy , then besic tragically will have even less of a role in this team.

ive been waiting for the 'we will go with what we have got ' line ever since the 'kone will be like a new player ' line.
as for kone .... insulting hes still at the club and a total disgrace to the legacy of our number 9 shirt.

here is a message to our prem rivals , want to finish above us ? kick lukaku and jags out the game when you get a chance. then see how many goals we wont score and how many we let in. the words barren and hemorrhaging spring to mind.
Pass the bleach.....

agreed.
i may be biased , but i think our best 11 is as good as any. i honestly think that.
and for the want of shipping 2 or 3 out and getting 2 or 3 in , our depth could be strong enough to really push for top 4.

we are so close to an almost complete article , defensive cover and striking alternative. less importantly but needed a winger cover and a playmaker.
I think we are trying and will continue to try for a CB and if a play maker or ACM becomes available I think the money is there.

I just don't think we will spend it unless we can get the right one. I don't however think our 1st team is as good as the top 4. I think we exaggerated them a little last season and while I don't think they're as poor as last year I think our first 11 is somewhere around Liverpool and Spurs. The right players will come available we just have to show a bit of patience.

That is a line that bugs me everytime i hear it about numerous players, its a codeword for 'he's utterly [Poor language removed], not fit to wear the shirt, but we have no one else'

Howard can do a job for us, Hibbert, McGeady, Naismith, Kone, they can all do a job for us, Barry done a job for us every game last season as did Osman the season before, utter rubbish, players doing a job for us is why we will win absolutely nothing, managers too gutless to cut the dead wood from the squad

Not to mention Alcaraz, done a fantastic job for us, ensured we stayed clear of a relegation fight by almost single handedly seeing to it we had no more of those pesky annoying European games
Hibbert, McGeady, Naismith, Kone

The manager doesn't have the funds to replace them more like. They're there in case there's an injury. If we buy better that weakens the first 11.

I don't think Martinez ever expected Alcaraz to play in such an important game. We weren't exactly lucky last season.

NSNO!!!

would you want them all replacing though now?

Every time that replaces players en masse struggles to get them all to adapt. sunderland/qpr/spurs/liverpool to name a few. So is it not better to keep the back up and let them see out their contracts each year and replace that way?

i still dont think any of our issues from last season have been addressed tbh.
what we gain in signing deulofeu , we lose in not having lennon and having to rely on mcgeady , a player who was bang average. am i expected to beleive he is going to be 50% more of a player this season ?

cleverley . did we even need him ? i fail to see how he improves our chances of fielding a better 11 than we could last year , winning games or finishing higher up the table.

the same argument i put about mcgeady can also be used against hibbert pienaar osman naismith and kone . hibbert is less of an issue with a few youngsters coming through. also atleast pienaar actually has some talent , the others though ? are they really going to be that much better as players this season ? the majority of them im fine to have as fringe players , used in an emergency. but mcgeady kone and naismith are literally our second string ...... thats not good enough.

if we get an injury to lukaku mirallas or either stones or jags , its game over imo.

also , yes our midfield looks strong in names. but there is only 2 forward passers in the whole bunch. besic , who plays a back up plan to robertos love in with barry and mccarthy , and gibson , who is a crock. nobody can tell me cleverly is the player who will make up this productive passing void. i believe he will be played instead of barkley or as a very poor unproductive left sided midfeilder. even if he is played further back in midfeild in place of barry and mccarthy , then besic tragically will have even less of a role in this team.

ive been waiting for the 'we will go with what we have got ' line ever since the 'kone will be like a new player ' line.
as for kone .... insulting hes still at the club and a total disgrace to the legacy of our number 9 shirt.

here is a message to our prem rivals , want to finish above us ? kick lukaku and jags out the game when you get a chance. then see how many goals we wont score and how many we let in. the words barren and hemorrhaging spring to mind.

When did Tony Pulis join the forum?

i cant see barry being dropped (he should but wont)

i also like the line up ..

.........howard
coleman stones jags baines
..mccarthy barkley cleverley
deulofeu...lukaku...mirallas

but with the lack of quality new signings , thats an injury away from disaster apart from midfield.

I like that line up too. (wait's for Garry Barry to get suspended)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back